❛ What Once Was | Jonathan Byers ᵗ ❜

───── ☾☾☾ ─────

───── ☾☾☾ ─────

status ━━ taken by KindLittleTribrid

( * means things can be changed )

TITLE ━━ What Once Was*NAME ━━ AJ Blair* ( Last Name Only )LOVE INTEREST ━━ Jonathan ByersBIRTHDAY & AGE ━━ October 1st 1967 ( 16 as of Season 1, 17 as of Season 2 & Season 3 )FACECLAIM ━━ Katheryn Newton*

NAME ━━ AJ Blair* ( Last Name Only )
LOVE INTEREST ━━ Jonathan Byers
BIRTHDAY & AGE ━━ October 1st 1967 ( 16 as of Season 1, 17 as of Season 2 & Season 3 )
FACECLAIM ━━ Katheryn Newton*

TITLE ━━ What Once Was*NAME ━━ AJ Blair* ( Last Name Only )LOVE INTEREST ━━ Jonathan ByersBIRTHDAY & AGE ━━ October 1st 1967 ( 16 as of Season 1, 17 as of Season 2 & Season 3 )FACECLAIM ━━ Katheryn Newton*

ADDITIONAL CAST MEMBERS ━━ Paul Rudd* ( Casey Blair* ─ AJ's Father )

FILM FRANCHISE | TV SHOW | SOCIAL MEDIA | ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ━━ TV ShowTIMELINE ━━ Stranger Things Season 1 ( Act 1 ), Stranger Things Season 2 ( Act 2 ), & Stranger Things Season 3 ( Act 3 )

TIMELINE ━━ Stranger Things Season 1 ( Act 1 ), Stranger Things Season 2 ( Act 2 ), & Stranger Things Season 3 ( Act 3 )

CHARACTER QUOTE ━━ ❝Let me go, you have too. I want to be with my parents now. You were my first love and you will be my last. I love you so much Jonathan.❞ ─ AJ Blair ( Spoken to Jonathan in Season 3 )

EPIGRAPH ━━ ❝I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.❞ ─ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

STORY DESCRIPTION ━━ In which Jonathan Byers fell in love with someone who was already on Death's list.

SUMMARY ━━ AJ Blair was all too familiar with Death. Her aunt and uncle had died in a fire, one that had almost killed her. After recovering from the nightmare of the fire, her mother died in a car accident. Now it was just her and her dad. He tried his hardest to make sure she had everything she could ever dream of. But things took a drastic turn when Will Byers disappeared. For years she had been pinning for her best friend who had been there for her through everything she had gone through, and now that the tables had turned she was determined to be there for him while they searched for his little brother. If only AJ had known what was in store for her she wouldn't have fallen in love with Jonathan Byers, and she wouldn't have chosen to help him save his brother. Only if she had known how close Death was to her maybe things could've been different.

EXTRA INFORMATION ⤵︎

─ The romance between Nancy and Jonathan doesn't happen. So if you'd like to give Nancy a love interest that's fine.

─ She is friends with Nancy and Barb, but she has a better friendship with Barb then she does Nancy. They start to get a closer friendship after they figure out Barb is missing.

─ Jonathan has always known he's been in love with AJ. He was just always too afraid to admit it, and then they visit Murray and he can see it clear as day.

─ AJ has always had a sense that Death was around her, but she just didn't want to believe it.

─ She talks to her dad about how she feels like something is pulling her down and she doesn't know how much longer she can hold on.

─ Her and her dad have a close relationship because it's just the two of them. He actually helps Hopper and Joyce find Will alive.

─ Her dad will die in Season 2 at the hands of the Demodogs. He'll be with Bob, which is why they kill him.

─ Hopper is the one to break it to AJ that her dad is dead and she breaks down screaming in front of everyone. Really only Jonathan is the one who can comfort her.

─ After the events of Season 2, Jonathan notices that AJ starts to pull away from him. He does everything he can to make her know that she's still loved by him.

─ AJ spends most of Season 3 coming to terms with her fate. She knows it's getting closer so she writes letters to everyone and sends them to Murray asking him to hand them out when it's time.

─ She does by the end of Season 2 have a friendship with Steve so he'll get a letter too. And so will Max.

─ During the fight in the Mall before Billy stands his ground the Mind Flayer attacks AJ and sends her flying into one of the stores. Jonathan comes to find her and pulls her out while holding onto her.

─ She is bleeding everywhere. Most of the others surround them as Jonathan tells her that she's going to make it.

─ She'll go onto explain that she knew her death was coming and it was something that couldn't be stopped no matter what anyone tried to do. Then she'll say that quote to Jonathan and she will die in his arms. He'll carry her out of the mall because she deserves to be buried with the rest of her family, and he can't let her go yet.

─ This ending can not be changed.

───── ☾☾☾ ─────

if you have any questions about this plot, feel free
to contact me on here, instagram, or twitter. please
make sure to follow the rules listed in the rules
chapter. if you do not follow/read the rules you
will be declined.

───── • • ─────
password: favorite
episode from stranger
things?
───── • • ─────

───── ☾☾☾ ─────