Mary

"Ugh, we're finally done," Mary grumbled as she and Sayaka strode out of class.

The two had gotten closer overtime. After all, their partners were sisters and they were all living under the same roof.

"I'll go find Ririka," Mary said. "See you later."

Sayaka nodded. "Sure." Her cheeks had a light blush. It seemed that she was excited to see her girlfriend as well. "See you later."

*****

Mary found Ririka sitting on the bench in the garden. Ririka wore her mask and sat rigidly on the bench, seemingly deep in thought.

"Hey," Mary said as she took a seat beside her girlfriend. "I'm here."

"I have eyes, thank you very much," Ririka replied coldly.

"Hey, what's with that?" Mary said, slightly annoyed. "And why are you wearing your mask? Didn't we agree not to?" She reached her hand out to remove the obscuring thing but Ririka caught her wrist mid-air.

"I don't see why I have to listen to you," Ririka answered. "I do what I want. Commoners aren't allowed to tell me what to do."

Mary was taken aback. "What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, trying to contain her anger. "Did something happen? Or maybe you're not Ririka at all but Kirari."

"Don't be stupid."

"I'm not! That's the bottom line! In fact you've already crossed the line with that 'commoner' jab at me! I don't know what's up with you, Ririka, but don't talk to me until you've waken up your fucking idea," Mary seethed. "I will not allow myself to be disrespected. Really? After all I've done for you." Mary's voice shook at the last sentence and she was surprised to feel a tear slip down her cheek.

Ririka faltered slightly. "Mary——"

Mary had already stormed off.

Ririka took off her mask, with her fists clenched and her teeth gritted. 

Was it really worth doing this to win over her sister?