Roll 1 Scene 2 - A Bit Of Nerve

June 15th, 2019

"Yeah, he's like standing right here. Right in front of me!" the girl squealed into the office phone. Her voice was in a whisper as she continued, "He looks so good. Gray shirts on him are my weakness, I swear!" She giggled, hugging the phone. "No way! I already got an autograph. I wish I had my copy of Maybe Someday with me for him to sign!"

She peeked at the man pacing in front of her in the guest area and a sigh left her lips. The girl went back to the phone, gripping it tightly with her pink glittering nails. "His hand just went through his hair! I'm gonna die, I swear!" Glancing once more in his direction, she went on talking, "How can a writer be this hot?" She giggled again. "NINA NO!" she yelled, giggling profoundly.

"You can't tell this to anyone!" she said sternly to whoever it was on the other side. "Otherwise, I will get kicked out and you can kiss those autographs goodb-" She paused when she noticed him approaching her. She fumbled to stand up, almost dropping the phone on the polished marble floor.

"How long will it take for Mr. Hued to come?"

The girl tucked her hair behind her ear as she looked over him through her lashes. Her voice low and slow when she spoke, "Mr. Sage, we apologize for the inconvenience. Mr. Hued will be here shortly. Please enjoy the refreshments as you wait." She ended with her best smile and a tug on her sleeve.

Nith nodded, hand going through his russet hair. "Thanks," he replied, going back to his spot. He stood there quietly only for a second before he started to pace again.

The young girl sat back in her chair, a faraway look on her face. The office phone glued back to her ear, hand covering the mouthpiece as she screamed the latest update to her friend on the other side.

Jay rolled his eyes, changing the page of the magazine he had in his hand; though he couldn't read a single line yet. He placed his copy of Weekly Spotlight - Troy's most popular magazine for Troywood's gossip - back on the table next to the snacks. The scandals in Weekly Spotlight were fun to read. But listening to Nith's fangirls was always a bit more entertaining. Especially when they were being this loud. Or clearly, the receptionist didn't know that her quiet voice wasn't quiet enough.

Nith racked his hand through his hair and the way the girl gasped out loud would make anyone think that someone snatched her soul out of her body. "Now she was just being dramatic," Jay mumbled, rolling his eyes again at her antics. He turned his attention back toward his friend, who was marching on a mission. An old nervous habit he couldn't let go of.

"Dude, can you just sit?"

Nith stopped pacing. He inclined his head as he sat on the opposite side of the couch; his leg bouncing on the floor along with the tic's of the clock. Jay sighed.

They were at Colored Entertainment's office at Rens. After Nith's initial turn down to the original option offer for the movie - much to everyone's surprise - Mr. Lax Hued, the CEO, called Nith personally. Colored Entertainment wanted Maybe Someday's rights for the movie.

Jay didn't push the matter when Nith said no. He knew why his best friend had turned it down. The fear that had Nith in its shackles. And its implementations.

But that didn't mean that he agreed with it. So he called in reinforcements and set up an intervention. With Lily in the lead.

Then all he had to do was to sit back with Julie on the loveseat of their living room and watch as Lily plowed through Nith's conviction.

Nith stood up again, continuing his pacing.

Jay breathed out, rubbing his forehead. He felt dizzy just watching his friend go round and round for the last half an hour. If Mr. Hued doesn't show up soon, there would be a Nith-shaped hole in front of his office.