𝘛𝘞𝘖

" ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠᴇʀꜱ. "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Yeong-Ja had finished her class a few minutes ago, all her students did very well and she was proud of all of them. She had announced that the public performance night will be on Friday and they were all so excited to show off to their families and friends, they all asked if Yeong-Ja would perform too and she agreed that she would at the end as a closing performance. So here she was for the 5th night in a row, practising her performance, her bruises were all healing and would be easy enough to cover with makeup by the time Friday comes so she wouldn't have to wear a long-sleeved leotard and sweat as much as she is right now. Yeong-Ja had just finished her 3rd run though when someone knocked on the door, she turned her head to see Mr Kim standing with a smile.

"That was beautiful Yeong-Ja." He complimented, Yeong-Ja sent him a small smile and bowed her head before taking a gulp of her water.

"Thank you Mr Kim, what can I do for you?" Mr Kim walked into the room and stood in front of Yeong-Ja. He softly grabbed her hands in his and placed 90000 won in her hands, Yeong-Ja snapped her eyes from the notes to Mr Kim in confusion and surprise.

"This is for your dinner for tonight, I want you to go out somewhere and eat a good meal." He stated and Yeong-Ja shook her head, softly pushing the money back into his hands.

"I-I can't accept that Mr Kim, you might need it-" Mr Kim firmly shook his head and smiled at her.

"I don't need it, I may not know your situation Yeong-Ja but I know when someone is struggling to make ends meet. I may be old, but I'm not blind, please take it and eat something delicious." Yeong-Ja froze for a moment before slowly nodding and letting him place the money in her hands. He grinned at her and gave her shoulder a soft pat.

"Now, gather your things. I'll walk you out to make sure you actually go somewhere to eat and not to the rooftop." Yeong-Ja froze and looked embarrassed that she had been caught out, Mr Kim bellowed a laugh and shook his head in amusement causing Yeong-Ja to smile sheepily. Yeong-Ja quickly went to the bathroom and changed into a simple black shirt, blue jeans and her light blue zip-up hoodie before she raced down the building stairs to see Mr Kim standing by the doors. 

"Good. Now go on, if you want to come back after your meal you know the code." Yeong-Ja smiled gratefully and bowed to Mr Kim.

"Thank you again Mr Kim." The elderly man shook his head and gave her a gentle push and with her bag on her shoulder, Yeong-Ja began to walk away. She wasn't sure where to go and unlocked her phone to connect her earphones and play music while she looked for someplace to eat. Yeong-Ja walked aimlessly for several minutes when she saw a delivery bike pass her and for some reason, it reminded her of the delivery guy from the rooftop.

"When people ask you who delivered the best chicken in the neighbourhood, say Ahn Soo-Ho."

Yeong-Ja tilted her head and quickly looked up the directions for the restaurant, which was not far from where she was. Yeong-Ja continued on her way, quietly singing along with the song that echoed through her ears, the young woman glanced up at the night sky every so often and smiled slightly to herself when a star would twinkle. She liked to think it was her brother winking at her like he used to, Yeong-Ja was so lost in her thoughts she didn't realise she had made it to the restaurant until she saw the neon 'Welcome' sign, Yeong-Ja took out her earphones and walked inside, the door chiming as she opened it.