𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

" ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴇ ʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴀᴄᴛ ᴜꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ. "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The next morning, Yeong-Ja woke up to an empty house. She knew Soo-Ho had decided to sleep at school since he didn't finish work until the early morning hours, and his grandmother had gone to the local market to help one of her friends with her stall. Yeong-Ja got up sluggishly and went into their small kitchen to brew herself a coffee, humming a tune. To be completely honest, at first, she hated when neither Soo-Ho nor his grandmother was in the house with her, to Yeong-Ja it was too quiet and left her with too many of her thoughts and her chest would always squeeze in panic when she would wake up without them but as the months progressed she began to appreciate the stillness of the house when they were out. She was able to take a moment to soak everything in, to remind herself that this wasn't a dream.

Her phone suddenly rang causing the young woman to jump a little before picking her phone up.

"Hey, Yeong-Ja." Soo-Ho's voice echoed through her ears, a small smile slipping on her lips. She glanced at the clock on the wall and raised a brow to herself.

"Shouldn't you be in class right now?" She asked Soo-Ho.

"I've got Gym." He responded, Yeong-Ja laughed softly and leaned against the countertop, her cup of coffee in her hand.

"Then shouldn't you be, I don't know, running or something?" She shot back and Soo-Ho chuckled in response.

"Yea, but I wanted to talk to you." Yeong-ja smiled to herself, her heart skipping a couple of beats.

"You talk to me every day Soo-Ho. Go." She bit back as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Don't wanna talk to me huh?" Soo-Ho teased and Yeong-Ja rolled her eyes.

"Go. I'll see you when you get home." She emphasised, smiling to herself. Unknowingly to her, Soo-Ho leaned against the bathroom stall door with a silly smile on his face when the word 'home' came from her lips and he couldn't help the flutter his heart did.

"Alright, alright. See you at home." Yeong-Ja hummed and muttered goodbye before hanging up the call. She stared at her phone for a moment before chuckling to herself and shaking her head.

Hours later, Yeong-Ja was helping Soo-Ho's grandmother prepare an early dinner since she would be helping Soo-Ho deliver orders from the restaurant tonight. Yeong-Ja heard the door close and turned to see Soo-Ho entering the kitchen, his school bag hanging off his shoulder.

"Hello dear!" Soo-Ho's grandmother greeted him warmly, Soo-Ho kissed his grandmother's cheek as he passed her.

"What are we having tonight?" He asked as he stood beside Yeong-Ja, smiling down her at her before nudging her softly. Yeong-Ja rolled her eyes and nudged him back, Soo-Ho grinned and softly wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side.