𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌

"  ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ.  "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The first thing Yeong-Ja could do was smell, she could smell a rose scent in the air with a hint of strong disinfectant. Then seconds after, she could feel her toes and fingertips, she could feel the then cotton under her fingers as they twitched. Then she could hear the clear beeping of her heart monitor and a ringing in her ears, she could hear the footstep echoing from outside and then finally, her eyes slowly fluttered open, the light above her blinding her momentarily. Yeong-Ja blinked profusely, turning her head to look around, disorientated. A sudden crash caused Yeong-Ja to flinch harshly, her heart monitor speeding up, Yeong-Ja's eyes snapped to the door as Soo-Ho's grandmother stared at her with tears of relief in her eyes.

"Doctor! Doctor she's awake!" She yelled before rushing towards Yeong-Ja, her hands gripping Yeong-Ja's as a grin spread across her face.

"I'm so glad dear! Oh I'm so so happy!" Yeong-Ja smiled softly and before she could attempt to speak, a doctor and 3 nurses came rushing in. The female doctor had relief visible on her face as she and the nurses check Yeong-Ja's condition.

"We are glad you pulled through Ms Lim Yeong-Ja." The doctor said, Yeong-Ja nodded her head. Her mind was elsewhere. Soo-Ho's grandmother stepped out of the room and quickly pulled out her phone, her hands shaking in relief before putting it to her ear, listening to the ringing before the receiver picked up.

"She's awake Soo-Ho. Yeong-Ja is awake." She exclaimed. On the other end, Soo-Ho, who was currently at work froze in his step and had he been holding anything, he would've dropped it. Soo-Ho's face lightened in a way no one had seen before, a grin spreading on his lips. 

"I'm on my way." And with that, Soo-Ho hung up and instantly ripped off his apron and ran into the staff room to grab his bag.

"I have to go! Emergency!" He yelled into the kitchen where his boss was. The older lady poked her head out and gave him a thumbs up in confirmation.

"Hyunjoon can cover your shift." Soo-Ho smiled before dashing out of the establishment, running in the direction of the hospital.

The sun had began setting by the time Soo-Ho had reached to hospital, his breathing laboured. He swerved through the people and patients alike, running down a familiar hallway before coming to a halt when he saw his grandmother standing outside the door. She saw her grandson and smiled brightly as he came up to her, he looked from her to the door and she continued to smile.

"The doctor said she's fine for the most part, she may still be a bit disorientated for the next 13 hours and it may be hard for her to talk but she's awake." She explained Soo-Ho's shoulders dropped in relief and he nodded but made no move to enter.