alternative ending.

if you've got this book in your library or you see this notification, this probably seems really random. i haven't updated this story since 2020, i was 19 almost 20 and now later this year i'll be turning 23. a lot of time has passed since i finished this book, but recently i've had some time on my hands, which has meant falling back into nostalgic shows and movies, the 100 being one of them.

granted, i've only rewatched parts of the first three seasons, but my love for the character that is john murphy definitely hasn't gone away. he's one of my favourite fictional characters ever i think. and while i haven't been active on wattpad in a few years, i always will have a soft spot for this story and nova and murphy's relationship. so i decided to write an alternative ending because i realised just how much i missed writing them. the original ending to the story left them no longer together, which i think is more realistic. i also wanted to respect emori's character in the 100 universe, so originally wrote that with her in mind too. but there's just something about nova and murphy that i can't let go of, which is why this chapter came to be.

i don't expect this chapter to get much response as it's been a while since this story and the 100 finished, but i wanted this to be out there in the world somewhere. i couldn't just keep it to myself, so if you're reading this and you're still here, i hope this chapter warms your heart a little.

 i couldn't just keep it to myself, so if you're reading this and you're still here, i hope this chapter warms your heart a little

Sometimes, in very rare glimpses, the world slips away when it's just the two of them. They aren't at war, their people don't hate each other, they can live peacefully. This is one of those moments. The birds singing their morning song in the background of their laughter, the sun on their faces and the slight breeze tickling their skin. These are the days John Murphy dreamed of.

     The lake perfectly meets the sun, with the rays bouncing off the gently lapping waves. It emulated calmness, something he has secretly craved ever since he was a young boy, despite his image on the outside pertaining to something opposite. The moment itself is picturesque, a painting that could be sold for millions. Little did he know, his idea of peace would come with a girl who he has met before, someone who he never thought he would see again.

   "What are you staring at? The view is in front of you." Nova notices his eyes dancing all over her as she sits admiring the view, the tiniest smile forming on her lips because she can sense the effect she has on him, and continues to despite all the time that has passed between them.

   Caught off guard, Murphy tears his eyes away from her and back onto the pristine water in front of them. It hasn't been long since they first reunited in Polis after six months of being apart, not knowing if each other were alive or dead. That constant feeling of dread was eating him up inside, and he wouldn't ever admit it because he's John Murphy, but there wasn't a day that went by where she didn't consume his thoughts. Sometimes not even out of lust, longing or love, but rather out of fear. He was so terrified of her not being on Earth anymore that he didn't in any possibility want to think of her as being dead. He tried so hard to push those thoughts out of his mind, but he would, for brief moments, find himself grieving for her.