Part 3- Conflicted?

Next Morning:

Aryan accepted his fate..

He listened to Mr. Rao sing a song for him.. Dedicating the song for him appreciating his decision..

Muskurane ki wajah tum ho..

He had said yes to marry her.. marry Imlie.. Wtf is wrong with Aryan! Why did you even say yes..

Gungunane ki wajah tum ho..

Aryan couldnt listen anymore.. "Sorry uncle.. i have a very important meeting"

Mr.Rao chuckled.. "Okay Son.. but please we should meet again soon.. Also Imlie is yet to hear about this news. She is away with her students on a field trip.."

Well that would mean he wouldnt have to deal with her for now..

Meanwhile arent you planning to marry her. That means dealing with her rest of the life.. the warning bells rang in his head..

This happens when the Pros become way too tempting. How did one pro over powered all the cons.. he questioned his sanity..

His mind went back to the moment when he had spoken to his mother regarding his decision this morning..

Flashback:

"So Aryan.. did you make a decision??" His mom questioned him excitedly..
Aryan gulped and spoke hesitantly... "Listen Mom.. Hear me out.."
"Okay..." his mom leaned back and regarded him curiously..
"Well you see.. I noticed you seem delighted last night.. " He began.. "And you were even happy when you met her parents.."
"So..??" His mom raised her eyebrow?
"Since you were so happy i dont mind marrying her.." Aryan spoke hurriedly..
His mom squealed and got up hugging him tightly.. "Son i cant believe this! I am so happy.."
"But wait.. " she pulled back and frowned.. "Its you who need to be happy not me.."
"For me your happiness matters mom.." Aryan shrugged
"So you are telling me you didint find any reason to like her?" She questioned
I liked the way she kissed.. "She is okay i guess.." he tried to play it off cool..
His mom sighed... "Aryan.. Okay is not enough.."
"I am saying yes.. whatelse you need me to say?" He spoke frustratedly.. "Or you want me to say no?"
She raised her hands in surrender.. "Okay fine.. i will inform them.. But you must take this chance and get to know her well.."
"Mom wait.. " he interrupted her as she took the phone to call them..
"Yes?"
"Could you request them to stop singing?"
"Aryan!!" She scolded him.

Flashback Ends

Why did his mind felt so conflicted? He couldnt decide if he had taken the best decision. He did not know to take it back and say No or go along with it. Why did both options felt confusing..
He rubbed his head as his mom joined him..
"Aryan if you are this unhappy why did you say yes to marrying her?" She questioned gently..
"After breaking 5 almost marriages i can easily say yes to anyone.. " He tried to make an excuse..
"But that is not what i want for my son! I dont want you just saying yes because you feel like you have no other option. I want the best for you Aryan.." she tried to make him understand..
"And i am going along with it. What more do you want from me.." He gritted his teeth.. "Did you speak with them about stop overdoing being happy.."
"Aryan please! How can i say such thing to them. Why are you so against of being happy?"
"Mom please! Stop this!" He snapped at her
"I just want my son to be happy.. " she whispered sadly..
"Happy?!" He got up angrily.. "What is so special about being Happy? Do you think getting happy will make me forget about him? That he is gone because of me?" He whispered brokenly..
She sniffed.. "Aryan! It was never your fault son.. how many times i have to tell you.. Your dad dying was just an accident!"
"But he was driving in that storm to pick me up only! I Should have never insisted him to come in that storm!" He shouted as the miserable memories once again flooded back in his head. Making his heart ache..
"I am going to work mom.." he spoke stiffly collecting his jacket..
"Aryan please.." his mom was crying silently.. "I didint mean to bring back the memories.. make you angry again.."
"I am not angry mom.. i just.. need some moment alone.. please.." he spoke quietly as he patted her hand letting her know he didint have any anger towards her..