Part 9- Not Letting you Go..

Grief..
Often takes away all the happiness..
When it hits hard we often forget to live.. to laugh.. to be content..
Instead we get stuck in this closed up space without any exist.. and the darkness keeps sucking you up till you feel like nothing..
Never realized an impact of one person would change everything.. A person who acts like a sunshine and brighten up your day.. That person who hides their own pain just to make you happy..
Grief hits everyone.. just some cant hide.. while others hide it too well..

She is an amazing person..

That was the thought in his mind constantly as he smiled.. Oh he had laughed.. he had laughed his heart out.. Shocking his mother.. who never thought he would ever smile again.. Shocking Imlie who just stared at him laugh..

Did she even realize what she has done for him.. she was his magic..

It was magic.. the fear that he had faced of losing her.. the relief of realizing she was better for a good.. hit him hard of how much he wanted to be with the person who had taught him to be alive again..

Was this love? Is this what felt like being in love?

He wondered confused as he walked around his room.. he knew his feelings were strong.. but how can he be sure it was love?

He could not fall asleep.. he wish he could be with her.. they had spent hours together but she had left reluctantly as she had been tired after such dramatic events that had occured in a day..

Feeling restless and wanting to speak with her he dialed her number.. it rang but she did not pick up.. he sighed as he realized she must be asleep now.. she had spoken to him an hour before stating how tired she was and sweetly wished him good night..
He typed her a goodnight message and kept down his phone to get some sleep..

Next day:

Aryan felt like the new day was the happiest day in his life..
It felt like a new beginning.. It felt like a fresh start to a more happy life..
He drove to Imlie's place.. he was going to surprise her and drop her to work today.. Not something he had done frequently but today it felt like the most natural thing to do..

Am i in love? Is this love?

He rang the bell and waited while having thoughts about the new feelings he felt confused.. he did not realize Imlie had answered the door and was staring at him smiling..
"Aryan!! You here? So early? And why are you frowning?? Did something happen??" She grew more concerned as she gripped his arm worriedly..
He shook his head and smiled.. "No just thinking about some work.. forget it.. are you ready.. i will drop you to work.."
She grinned at him and kissed him while laughing.. He chuckled and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss but tensed as he heard her dad's voice behind them..
Now how does normally a parent react.. they would somehow make an awkward comment or laugh off..
But not her parents..
They were singing.. they were seated in the dining table having breakfast and singing love songs..
She giggled and hid her face while hugging him.. "Arent they cutest.."

They are not.. but she did not have to know that right..
Would he ever get used to this.. oh he had to..

"They are pretty cute.." he muttered with a fake smile.. he turned and greeted her parents good morning and dragged her outside before they could sing a new song for him..

"How come you are here today?" She inquired as he drove her to the school..
"I just felt like picking you up today.. and seeing your pretty face.." she blushed as he brushed his finger on her cheek..
She was silent for a while.. but she held on his hand tightly..
"Imlie.. i am here.. i am not leaving you.." he assured her gently as he sensed her insecure thoughts..
"Aryan please dont stop me.." she gripped on his hand and rubbed his arm.. "I went through the whole feeling of what ifs.. what if i would not survive.."
"Imlie! Shutup!" He tensed and stopped her..
"Let me speak okay.." she whispered.. "i went through the whole fear of not being able to marry you.. not being about to kiss you.. or us having children.. I was scared.. what if my cancer return.. i knew i would not be able to handle it.. not again.."
He stopped the car on side of road as he sensed her distressed state.. He pulled her closer and cupped her face.. "Listen Imlie.. I am someone who have lived his life with a lot of What ifs.. Trust me all it give is unhappiness and heartaches.. We cant stop things from happening.. But you have to understand you are a survivor.. and that shows what a strong beautiful person you are.."