Chapter 1: The Beginning With The Hopeless Rain

A/n: Note that all characters are age 18+.

Your POV

As a beginner in life, I look up to the time that technology exists and so does the payment through the terms they call the company. As a student through education, I went to classes that leads to the career I chose, which is computer science. I work my way through the job I wanted to live in the working environment they called the office business. School is just the beginning as I continue going through my goals for the future. I plan to enroll in college and then university based on my main focus of career to be able to have the correct degree to be working on the job I have dreamed about having to relax while trying to make new ideas to have a better experience and knowing that my work is in good shape for the company.

In the time after graduation from university for the degree, I went on job hunting just to look over each company that I would like to work on. Through the tries with my resume, they would seem to take the like only with the experience of computer skills, Microsoft classes, English reading and writing skills, and mathematics. Those things that I was good at were basic at the start until I face the challenge about find the products, the information, and creating major projects. All about research might have taken a toll on my time working hard to create the project I have been working on.

Time has passed since I am starting to live up to my reputation steadily increasing after my successful work is being acknowledged. But in time I try to live up to the dream of being a professional office worker, it was like work is all nothing but building things and nothing in return to me later on...

The Start Of The Story...

"Boss, I'm coming in." I knock on the door of my boss' office after telling him my name. I am at the workplace where I am in the middle of my office job. I was suddenly called by my boss. Knowing that I need the knowledge from him since it might be feedback I wanted to learn from, I tend to come to visit his office for a discussion. The working environment changes through the major impact. Knowing the meaning where the beginning is nothing but a warm-up, the real challenge begins after my rookie career is finished.

"Y/n L/n, there you are."

"I thought if there is anything important that you would need help with, I am here. What do you need?" I ask him after seeing not only my boss but also my colleague here, Erick Baugen. I question him why he is here when I tend to be curious. He seems social to any co-workers but what does that have him to be involved in this discussion?

"I'm afraid that is important for the sake of the company's future."

"The future?" I question what that meant.

"And for the employees of this company."

"Ok..." I stand still while paying attention to his words. I am worried about how Erick is here in this room. I know him since we both worked together a few years back after my beginner rank. In my mind this company and the workplace I dreamed of, I only cared about getting my tasks done. Compare to Erick, he only just talk, asking me if I did his favors and such. He has had a lot of friends since he was this talkative. But I haven't seen him work too seriously but what does that have to compare to me if...?

...

"Y/n L/n, I'm afraid that I will have to fire you."

"Huh?" I question with unexpected words that have my mind to be confused. The sound became silent in the room. I have no clue why or what happened that made my boss want to fire me. "Boss, you're not joking with me because you said that it was important...!" I felt for a moment in my mind I was thinking that he was making fun of me because he was like a friend to me. But he makes his choices over me.