Chapter 2: Never Waste A Chance

Your POV

Previously on Business with the Maids...

I was known to be an office worker after going through my entire education to chase my major career as my only goal without any distractions. I tried my hardest just to get that degree through college and university. After graduation, I managed to get a job I wanted in a company that had the highest salary...

In the beginning, I was making a good effort and everyone thought that I became successful. I would have been promoted to become the manager at this rate but the problem is, I never talked to anyone. Here I thought of having to talk to a colleague who spoke to me first. His name is Erick Baugen. The first person I have ever talked to since he talked to me first. He was very social with his buddies and picked up females. But to him as an employee, does he ever work on his task?

"Hey, Y/n," Erick put down his paperwork on my desk without asking. "I'll be heading down with my buddies for my mother's birthday party. Will you try to finish up my work for me?"

"Seriously? Is that important since there is still time until the end of our office hours?" I asked him.

"Come on man, you don't want my mom to be sad because I wasn't here, right?" Knowing that he is too popular with the company as some social office worker who doesn't give a damn about working on the projects and paperwork seriously. After all, it is important if his mother does have a birthday party at night and he needs to help his mother with that. So, I took the time to complete his work.

As promised, I completed his work and I plan to return his paperwork to him tomorrow. He does feel satisfied but as for me, I have to work overtime. That made me feel tired. I wasn't able to take the time to recover. That happened after I met him and now for so long, he turned on me. It is revealed he must have been jealous of my hard work in the end or thought that he was the king of this company once he was promoted to CEO. It is revealed that he makes his false accusations against me with the power of popularity and having his friends to support his claims along with admirers who only support the one who is skilled with communications. As for me, I wasn't standing in the light long enough. I have no one with me.

Because I was fired, I ended up quitting just like my boss and Erick wanted. Then, I lost everything. Erick took everything that was rightfully mine and now I have nothing that I could fix on my first career. I tried going into a different company. But due to my working history thanks to that accusation, they can't hire me. Every office company was like that. The choice I have now is just a part-time job working in a store, restaurant, or simple construction.

I was about to but then the three females butt in my mind as they approach me because I was straying outside while it was raining. They were worried that it would be a waste to be at the hospital because of the fever.

Back to the main story...

And so, the three females took me to the public bar where I had a seat. They told me to wait while they gave me a towel to dry out any excess water all over my wet body. It took a while since I end up talking with people who cared about my poor life. It wasn't easy, but why?

"Hey, was it necessary just because of ended he was dressed?"

"...?" I start to notice the voices from the females who took me into the bar.

"But he doesn't have an umbrella or he's not wearing a raincoat. How can he be ok?"

"It's hard to believe if he has completely lost his mind because of what he said."

"He said about the false accusation and he has no one to rely on his colleagues."

"But don't you think that betrayal might be a word for why he got fired?"