Chapter 6: Reading Deeper

Mallie's POV

*Flashback*

I always wished that I could find someone who could help, someone who cared about our problems, and a person who could manage anything because of how skilled for the as a manager for the club and the mansion. That's how I kept struggling along with the other two maids who were with me by the time we were about to be done searching and scouting for anyone willing to participate in the interview.

And that was when I noticed you, Y/n. You wandered around by the streets under the weather where it was raining. I never wanted you to be wasted as there would be a chance that you could catch a cold or worse. That could be a fever.

As the secretary said, when it comes to personality, do not trust anyone who could lie, act cool or confident, or approach us because they thought we were wealthy.

We indeed have to avoid these mistakes, but as for Y/n. He made honest remarks about how he was fired from his previous job because of the false accusation. There was no evidence as he would have said anyway. But popularity was the answer to them, not to him. It must have been painful if lies do exist for a human being.

I never knew about him but we took him since he needed help and was unemployed. There was nothing else we could think of. After understanding the emotions of his sadness, his honesty that he relied on the truth, and how he was alone because he never talked to anyone, that made us think that he was a good person, to begin with, and along with never gave up until now. He was a trustworthy person on the inside because he was working hard on his job. And so, that was how we tried to recruit Y/n to become one of the participants for the interview.

*End of Flashback*

We are in a break room, trying to regain our stamina for the next part of the interview. This interview should last a day, so everyone should rest by now. To us, that's what we all should be doing. That is when...

"I'm guessing you're tired as well?" Ruae asks the two maids who came here after us.

"Yeah, obviously on the first part that is!" Fyize speaks along with her frustration.

"Yeah. Honestly, that guy at first is terrible." Anliet comments.

"Are you speaking about the person you've met at the first part?" I ask them.

"That guy? Even if he wanted to have a job for a higher salary, I didn't like him since he was staring at us. He did speak about why he is here and I can tell that he only wants to be wealthy even though he doesn't care about us." Fyize grunts.

"And?" Ruae asks them for more detail in a curious but deep tone.

"What he likes about working here is about maids and how he could live a luxury after knowing we are currently in debt." Anliet answers her question. "Seriously, he can be excited but thinking how he would treat us can be wrong at the end."

"..." I can't blame them. I know they spoke to anyone such as the common folk, but this is too much for them to handle since they experienced mistreatment from the customers who can be harrassing.

"And I'm guessing for the second part?" Hannila asks with a change of topic.

"That? Oh, he's not bad. He even mentioned how he got fired thanks to the false accusation." Fyize mentions a similar vibe that we all tend to recognize. "That poor bastard. I was hoping the rumors were a lie. Because of that, he was struggling to get a job after he got fired from his previous company. I wonder how he got here on the interview."

"Uh, because we are the ones who dragged him?" I speak up. Nuae and Hannila look at me with realizing with jaw-dropping and a blank expression while the other two speak up with shock.