Chapter Twenty-Four

Y/N MALFOY - 31/12/1977

Within the next week, rumours of my love life had spread through the school like wildfire.

Remus and I tried to keep our relationship private, for the most part. But when you went to a school like Hogwarts, there were no secrets when there was potential gossip involved. Luckily, a lot of the rumours got tangled and diverged completely from the truth, but then again, that wasn't always the best thing. Already, I had walked into so many rooms and people had stopped speaking. Sometimes they didn't notice me, however, like today in the library.

"I heard she's dating Remus Lupin," a fourth-year Slytherin whispered to her friends. "The half-blood."

"No, she wouldn't!" her friend shot back. "She's a pure-blood! She's dating James Potter!"

"Nuh-uh," another said, "He's a blood traitor! She's dating Sirius Black!"

"No, he's also a blood traitor," someone else corrected, "she's seeing his brother, Regulus! They're betrothed or something, aren't they?"

"Do you think she's dating all four?"

So it turned out it didn't matter if Hogwarts knew I was dating Remus, because they were all coming up with rumours anyway. I actually found it funny that they thought I was dating Sirius – I remembered a time when I was younger, maybe five or six, when I was convinced I was going to marry him. Not that anyone needed to know that. Ever.

"Tough day?" Remus asked as I slumped beside him in the Gryffindor common room.

"So many rumours," I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me and squeezed lightly.

Remus and I were pretty open about our relationship around other Gryffindors. Besides, according to Marlene, half of them had been betting on us getting together anyway.

"Well, what's new?" Sirius yawned.

I rolled my eyes and leaned further into Remus's arms.

"What were they talking about today?" James asked.

I shrugged. "They reckon I'm either dating one of you four," I revealed, pointing to the four suspects – Reg, Remus, Sirius, and James, "or all of you."

"Well, I'm honoured, but I would never," Sirius said. "It'd make my parents way too happy."

"Yeah, sorry, Y/n, but I've got Lily," James shrugged, kissing the girl in question on the cheek.

"I would, but I actually know you," Reg shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and flipped Reg off before cozying further into Remus's arms. "That's fine. Means I get Remus all to myself."

"Um, no," Sirius countered, "you have to share him. His name is Remus, not Remyou."

I rolled my eyes again, this time ate the older Black brother.

"Wait... all four?" Lily exclaimed. "Like... at the same time?"

"Well, if I had to pick a dude, it'd be Remus," Sirius sighed dreamily. "All those muscles, and–"

Sirius didn't get a chance to finish his teasing when Remus pulled his arm back and chucked a pillow at Sirius's face, effectively shutting him up.

I huffed and rolled my eyes. At that moment, there was a tap at the window, and we all turned to see seven owls waiting for it to be opened. They all flew around, hooting, once Peter let them in, and dropped letters in our laps. We all eyed each other before opening them.