chapter-7

shiva's pov!

everything's been going too fast since the day everyone arranged our marriage, it feels strange that i am an engaged man now this feeling is really strange, now whenever i see my ring, it reminds me of aanya, i would be clearly lying  if i say that she doesn't affect me at all but also it's not like ive started to like her or something, it's just that i feel like a whole different person whenever im with her thought ive not met her more then three times...

it's been a week and tomorrow is our sangeet, finally the marriage starts from tomorrow, it's feels weird like really weird, it's not like i feel really happy about this marriage but also i don't feel bad about this, maybe we can atleast start with being friends or something, on the day of our engagement i couldn't believe that aanya was the one who vadi used to talk about like literally 24/7..... atleast aanya would have someone close here, she won't feel uncomfortable adjusting.

i heard a knock at my door while i was in my own world thinking about everything, i asked to come in.

"heii bhaii!" vadi came closing the door behind and sitting on the edge of my bed relaxing herself clearly looking tired, she's been doing the preparations with maa since she has came here.....

"hei vadi, mil gaya bhai ke liye time" i said fake taunting her, she has always been the greatest sister ever, she has always been with me through my thicks and thins, we may fight allot or pull eachother's leg, but we love and respect eachother allot..

"bhai i know, im really sorry you know i was busy in work n all i couldn't even talk to you properly" she replied with a guilt on her face...

i immediately hugged her as said "i know vedi i was just pulling your leg, i know you've been busy with all the work of marriage, n it's totally okay u're doing this for me only naa, anyways how have u been, do you even know how much ive missed you when you were in america, tu toh bhul hee jaati hai vahaan jaa kar!"

" i know bhai im so sorry for it, you know studying medicine is no joke, it's really hectic n i don't get time to call or even message, but trust me i really miss you allot too even more then you, abh toh vahaan anii bhi nahi hai i feel lonely there" she said while hugging back

" achhaa but leave mine what about you, you're getting married bhai, voh bhi with my best friend, how do you feel about thiss all" she asked getting all excited about it..

"i mean i don't know how to explain my feelings towards her as ive told you about this already that im doing this all just for maa and dad right... also i do like her as a person she respects our parents allot infact she respects everyone in our family, she's sweet n all that.. but im still not sure if i like her yet..." i replied explaining it to her...

"i understand bhai, i really do it's all new for you both but trust me you cannot find someone better then her n i really mean itt, when no one was there for me in america she was, even though we were studying different subjects, but still she was always there for me no matter what, i can't even tell how thankful i am for everything she has done for me, i really love her allot, and don't worry everything takes time , you guys will for sure make a great couple together" she smiled but her hurt was visible from the previous words of her.. i didn't really know why she was talking like this but i ignored it for the time being i didn't wanted to spoil her mood by asking...

"achha vedii, tell me more about aanya like her likes and dislikes...?" i said trying to change the topic but soon realising that i fucked up as she started teasing me..

"oho bhai abhi shaadi hui bhi nahi hai nd you're this eager to know more about her" she said with her signature smirk, ofcourse i forgot im talking to 'the vedika oberoi' who's number one in teasing her own brother, gawd she's such a tease...

"arey it's not that, theeq hai if you don't want to vaise bhi it's not like im dieing to know, you can go now bye let me sleep" i said trying to lightly push her from my bed..

"achha achha aap toh gussa hee ho gaye, theeq hai btati hu.." she said coming on the upper side of bed sitting face to face with me n continued

"so she is actually a very complicated person, it's like she can be really rude or cruel sometimes but if you get to know her trust me she is the sweetest person you can ever find she's pretty not only from outside but also from inside she always volunteers herself for helping everyone without even thinking about herself, she is actually a very selfless person she will do anything for the others especially for the people who she loves.. n trust  me when i say this if it wasn't for her parents she would have never ever said yes for the marriage, she's never been in a relationship, never ever had a crush on anybody in her entire life, so let's start with her like n dislikes okay so there's not much she dislikes but one thing is for sure she doesn't like someone lying to her, no matter how bitter the truth is she appreciates the truth.. n about her likes she really likes to go to the beaches n sit there for a long time with someone she trusts, we use to go on beaches whenever she felt low or sad about anything.. the very important thing she has a serious migraine because she takes allot of stress for almost everything.. she never cries she always holds it inside her heart which obviously hurts her allot... n if she shows you her tears or open ups to you that is the day when she has actually accepted you with all her heart and she trusts you more anything because again trust me when i say this.. i can guarantee you that no one has ever seen her breakdown except for me and her brother, not even her parents... 'i could see the genuinity on her face and she continued'

also she's has gone through allot bhai like really allot n even thinking that terrifies me but it would be great if  she tells you about all this herself because i really can't.."

" achha theeq hai now you go and sleep okay, you're gonna need to dance allot tomorrow right, you have to charge yourself for that naa" i said chuckling she smiled and replied

"okay then bhai, goodnight you too sleep achhe say, i love you" with that she hugged me n went to her room closing the door from behind.

i ate my sleeping pilles and then layed on the bed thinking about everything what vedi said i know this thing for sure that she would not lie to me ever for anything.. and what could be the thing about her past i really wanna know now...

and with that i don't remember when i drifted to sleep thinking about all this about aanya...
.
.
.
.
.
.........................................................................................
here a new update as promised,

i might be posting another today only.. i really wanna make up for my delay hope you're liking it so far..

anyways what do you think about this chapter please do tell me i wasn't planning to write shiva's pov but thought it was needed because obviously why wouldn't we would want to know about his perspective too....
if you like this chapter please don't forget to vote and show your love for this book, it gives me motivation to write. till then

happy reading 🤍!