prologue

Prologue

Seven children are huddled together in a small room, clinging to each other as if they are approaching their deaths. But they're not. The youngest child has her ear pressed against the wooden door listening carefully. At the mere age of five, she is considered to be extremely smart.

"Alex," she whispers to her oldest brother who is currently seventeen, "what's happening?"

"It's fine, princess, mommy, and daddy are just fighting," he responds swiftly, scooping her small body into his arms.

She giggles softly, stuffing her tiny head into his muscular chest. Little did the seven children know, that it was the last time they were going to hear their little sister laugh.

Their mother and father addressed the oldest brother later that night, explaining that they could no longer stand each other's presence, and were planning on filing for a divorce, since they hadn't been officially been 'together' for several months.

Slowly, the boy nodded his head, before hugging his beautiful mother, well aware that she would be the one to leave them.

The day of the court issue finally arrived, and all the Romano children were required to attend since they would find out whose custody they'd be in. The youngest child and the only girl sat on her second oldest brother's lap, confused about what was happening. Intelligence at the age of five only gets you so far.

Mr. Romano walked into the courtroom confidently, knowing that he'd receive custody over all seven of his children. After all, he was one of the most important men in the world and had the best lawyer. But what no one expected, was Mrs. Romano (if you can even call her that) to walk in even more confidently.

She and her lawyer were going to rat out Mr. Romano's illegal company to the judge for her to have custody of her beautiful daughter. It partially worked.

It turned out that Mr. Romano had bribed the judge into getting what he wanted, but once his ex-wife pulled out that piece of information, the judge couldn't ignore it. Instead of giving a jail sentence to Mr. Romano, the judge decided that Mrs. Romano would be allowed to take her daughter before more people heard about Mr. Romano and his illegal company.

To say the least, each Romano man was furious. Furious at their mother (or ex-wife). Furious at the judge for letting the woman take their little girl. But most importantly, furious at themselves for not realizing what the woman was going to do.

That judge didn't last one day. He was killed personally by Mr. Romano, which would have been an honour if the circumstances were different.

Mrs. Romano changed her last name to Gregor and kept her first name, Vivian, despite toying with the idea changing it. Her daughter's last name was also assigned as Gregor. She took the first possible flight out of America and instantly flew to Melbourne, Australia. She chose it for two reasons. The first being the large population, meaning it would take a greater effort for her ex-husband to find her. And two, it was the first ticket she could get her hands on, that had an availability for two people.

With the money she had taken from Mr. Romano's bank account, Vivian Gregor was able to buy a nice two-bedroom apartment. It was nowhere near as luxurious as her ex-husband's house however, it was a lot better than living on the street.

As a mother of seven children and the ex-wife of a notorious mafia boss, Vivian Gregor's mind was far more advanced than an average woman's. Her reflexes were better than a cat's, her listening skills could be compared to a dog's, and most importantly, Vivian Gregor was trained to use a gun.

After all, she was one of the best assassins in the Sicilian mafia. If you messed with five year old Amity, you would be messing with her mother, too.

Little Amity was taught that her brothers were bad people. That her father was a mean and vile man. She had been preparing for the last ten years to meet the people that supposedly ruined her and her mother's life.

Amity Scarlett Gregor wanted innocent revenge.

A/N: This is a super short chapter - only 700 words, but I think it's such an important start. Please share your opinions about it, and correct any incorrect grammar/ spelling/ etc in the comments. Also, it would make my day if you could vote, comment, and keep reading when I release chapter one tomorrow- or maybe sooner depending on how many people read. I hope you all have a wonderful day, I'll see you when I see you <3