chapter thirty seven

As promised, Noah arrives out the front of the old building I have been residing in, within ten minutes. He looks prepared, and his face is plastered with excitement. I give Noah a large smile, which he returns instantly.

"Are you ready, Ami? I say that we go visit some of your family members. Teach them a lesson, and show them how powerful you are, how much you have grown." Noah's voice reaches my ears, and I nod in agreement, a tiny smirk falling in place, along my lips.

"Have you got the plane ready yet?" I ask him, already knowing the answer.

"It is waiting for us. The Romano home is never going to expect us. And the best thing, is that I will enjoy their surprised and pained faces, the entire time," Noah says, grabbing my hand, as a friendly gesture.

"I say that we go kick some ass," I reply, beginning to walk away from the home, "I fucking wish that I could throw a grenade back at the house right now, but I have self control, so I won't blow up Elijah, and his blonde bitch of a whore."

Noah just chuckles, and falls into step besides me, still holding onto my hand tightly. He has a car waiting, which we clamber into, directing the driver towards the local airport, where there is a plane waiting for us.

Getting some spare cash out from his pockets, Noah pays the driver, and thanks him, before we climb out of the car.

"We are going back to our old homes," Noah groans, once we are comfortably sitting on the plane, "back to our personal hells."

"Wait," I throw my hand up, in front of his face, "you have lived in Italy? Sicily, if I am being specific. How have I never seen you? Why did you move away? Who did you move away with? Was it your dad? Do you want to come back to Sicily? Wait, no sorry. Stupid question, you already told me that it was your personal hell." I scratch the back of my neck, starting to feel awkward and uncomfortable for asking too many questions.

"No, it is fine, Ami, I guess that I brought it up. My father and I are originally from Slovenia, but my mother is Sicilian, and convinced my father to move there when I was very young. Long story short, a lot of arguments, and mean words later, my father moved out, and decided that it was best if he takes me with him. To say the least, my mother is not a very stable person, when it comes to things like alcohol and drugs. But I am older now, and can handle that situation a lot better. I am also bigger than her..." Noah trails off, and it seems like he is inferring violence, towards the end of his statement.

"I am sorry. I guess that I never realized that our childhoods were similar. I mean, you went with your dad, and I went with my mum, but for similar reasons," I say softly, looking towards the boy, with a new emotion in my eye.

"You are going to be fine, and so am I. Italy was made for us to come and take charge. We will go against your family, and conquer mine. Technically, they are the same." Noah smiles at me, until he notices my confused expression. "You don't know?"

"Know what?" My voice is hesitant, and my heart is not completely ready for another surprise.

"My mother runs the drug trafficking department in your family's mafia. That is why Elijah's father came to me, he knew that we could relate to your fucked up life. No offense," Noah quickly adds.

"None taken." Is my simple answer, as I think over everything that I have learnt. "So you have known for your entire life that your mother was in the mafia, and sold illegal substances. How did you react, when you realized what this meant?"

"Mmmm, I was around eleven when I figured out that my mother was involved with some bad and unspeakable crimes, that was why my father rarely talked about her. But it wasn't until I was a little bit older that I knew she helped traffic drugs, and was playing a part in a mafia," Noah explains to me.

"Funny, that your mother just happens to be in my father's mafia. What were the chances of that ever happening? Does that sound like a coincidence, or what?" I try to make a joke, and lighten up our deep conversation, and it seems to work, because his deep voice chuckles.

"Well, the Romano mafia is actually quite big. Nearly half of Italy has something to do with it. So, it isn't really a coincidence, but yeah, I get where you are coming from."

To say the least, I was surprised that the mafia was that big. I expected it to be large, having a couple hundred members at most, but having nearly thirty million members, was not what I expected at all.

"Wow," I whisper, since it is the only thing that will come out of my mouth, the rest of the words, are just making me look like a fish out of water.

"So I think that we should just run over the plan one more time before the plane lands. I would hate for us to get something wrong, and the entire mission to fail," Noah suggests, wanting to get everything right.

***

As the airplane lands, I brace myself, not liking the extra harsh landing. I grab hold of Noah's hand, making sure that we are both safe, as the plane crashes back down to Earth. I wince slightly when it comes in contact with the ground, but besides that, I am fine. Noah on the other hand, doesn't even seem bothered by it.

"Sorry," I mumble, letting go of his hand, and turning to look away from him.

"It is fine, Ami, I get it. Flying isn't for everyone," Noah reassures me.

"Let's go kick some ass."

A/N: Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for over 11 thousand reads, it means the world to me. If you enjoyed this chapter, please remember to vote, comment and continue to read when I release another chapter again tomorrow night. I love you all so much!!! Byeee <<<3