chapter forty four

The day went by fast, and I remained by Theo's side whenever I could. He was a good companion and often kept his arm around my waist. My smile was so wide that my jaw and cheeks were experiencing a dull ache afterward, and I needed a good massage.

So that was exactly what I did. On the car ride back to the house, I moved my hand around my face, applying pressure to the spots that hurt. Xander looked at me like I was crazy, while Marco was trying not to snicker, his eyes directed on me through the mirror, while also trying to drive. Xavier was sneaking me weird expressions, trying to figure out what I was trying to achieve.

When the car stops, I just jump out, wiping a huge smile on my face, just thinking about the day I had. Throwing the front door open, I shout out four words, hoping to gain the attention of some people, within this house.

"Ciao famiglia, siamo tornati." Hello family, we're back.

Footsteps begin trampling down the main staircase, probably to greet us. Marco, Xander, and Xavier saunter behind me stopping just inside the house, waiting with me for the others to come down.

"Com'è andata la giornata, Sweetpea, ragazzi?" My mother asks, being the first to reach us. How was your day, sweetpea? What about you boys?

"È andato tutto bene, mamma. Ho dei compiti da fare." Xander shrugs her off first, trying to leave, but I capture his hand between mine, raising my eyebrows. It was fine, mum. I have homework to do.

"Mi avevi promesso che avrei potuto assistere al tradimento di Elijah. Voglio una prova," I demand, shoving my free hand on my hip. You promised me that I would be able to see Elijah's betrayal. I want proof.

"Fammi tirare fuori il mio telefono." I allow Xander to use his hands to roam around his pocket, most likely looking for his phone. I let him do this, keeping my eyes peeled, making sure that he doesn't make a run for it. Let me get out my phone.

Xander pulls out his small electronic device, just a little bit bigger than his hand. Unlocking it, I watch as my older brother opens the messages app. What a simple app to communicate on.

"Qui, leggi i testi." I am a little bit surprised when Xander just passes me his phone but nevertheless snatches it from his grasp, scanning my eyes over the texts. Here, read through the texts.

Elijah🤮: Tua sorella tornerà oggi. A metà pomeriggio, preparati per lei e per un altro del suo ragazzo. Non ti sto aiutando, sono solo annoiato da lei - Your sister will be coming back today. Mid-afternoon, prepare for her and another one of her boyfriends. I am not helping you, I am just bored with her.

It seemed that Xander didn't respond to the text, but it was read four minutes after being sent, meaning that my family knew of Noah and my invasion, all along. What a waste of our time.

"Voglio vendetta." Is my simple sentence, and I look around the room, waiting for my words to set into everyone's heads. I want revenge.

The family that is in the room have faces that slowly turn from content to shock, to surprised, to amused. Why is this funny?

"Perché stai ridendo di me? Sono serio," I snap sternly when my family lets out a chuckle. I flick my eyes from one to the other with disgust. Why are you laughing at me? I am serious.

"Siamo spiacenti, Ami, è solo che nessuno si aspettasse che la tua prima risposta fosse quella," Marco explains, trying and failing to contain his laughter. We are sorry, Ami, I just don't think that anyone expected your first reply to be that.

I huff. "Vado nella mia stanza e escogito il mio piano generale, per vendicarmi. Quindi, a meno che tu non abbia qualcosa che possa aiutarmi. Vi chiedo rispettosamente di lasciarmi in pace." I am going to go to my room, and figure out my master plan, to get revenge. So unless you have something that can help me. I respectfully ask that you leave me alone.

"Se tutto va bene, non riempirai anche questo piano," Marco says, and I scoff, turning back to him. Hopefully, you don't stuff up this plan as well.

"Come osi. Che coglione sei." Then Marco begins to run. How dare you. What a little prick you are. "Torna qui, ma stronzo stronzo. Non scappare da me!" Come back here, but big ass buffoon. Don't run away from me.

I follow Marco around the house, relying on my tiny legs, giving him the advantage of having long ones. How unfair. I shout profanities at him while laughing, and despite me being trained, I am no match for my older brother, who is currently making me look stupid.

We get back to the living room, where we first entered, and my eyes look to the couch and then back towards a still-running Marco. A perfect plan forms in my head. One that I won't 'be ruined,' as Marco suspects it will be.

I collect three pillows and hide behind the doorframe, waiting for my older brother to walk back through it, thinking that I have given up chasing him. How wrong he is. I hear his footsteps pad down the hall, back to where I am, becoming louder as he gets closer.

Just as his face passes the door, I smack him on the face with my pillow, causing a small 'oof' to come from his mouth. Obviously, Marco didn't expect that. I hit him with the two other pillows, knocking my older brother back, a couple of steps.

I take that as my opportunity to run.

"Torna qui, ragazzina. Il karma sta venendo a prenderti!" Marco shouts, beginning to rush behind me. Come back here, little girl. Karma is coming to get you.

It only takes his a couple of seconds to tackle me to the ground, before pulling me over his shoulder and walking towards the lounge room. I feel my body come into contact with the sofa, and very quickly, the tickles start.

My crazed laughter, causes everyone to come into the lounge room, and soon enough, the entire family is hitting each other with pillows, and attacking my poor body with their fingers. Even my father and mother.

This is what a family should be like, fun and relaxed.

HEY GUYSSS THIS IS THE END OF BOOK 1!!!! I'M CURRENTLY WORKING VERY HARD ON BOOK 2. THIS IS NOT WHERE I WANTED TO END IT, BUT I HAVE BIG IDEAS FOR THE SECOND BOOK. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND HOPE THAT YOU ALL FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO MY SECOND BOOK WHEN I RELEASE IT!!! BYEEE <<<3