chapter fifteen

Currently, Xander, Xavier, and Marco are walking me to the front office. Harsh glares are pointed toward many of the student's ways when they look at me. I guess that my older brothers are popular here.

I walk into the office a small smile plastered on my face at the sight of a lovely old woman, who sits behind the secretary's desk. When her eyes land on me, she copies my action, giving me a small smile. But it slowly disappears when the old woman catches a glimpse at the three boys behind me.

"Vogliamo il suo programma," Xavier demands, his voice icy. I'm honestly shocked that my fun brother can sound as mean as that. We want her schedule.

"Certo signore. Qual'è il suo nome?" The old woman asks, beginning to stutter and shake beneath my brothers' scrutinizing gaze. Of course, sir. What is her name?

"Amity Romano." That one sentence causes the woman to jump up from her plush seat and rush around, crashing into several things.

"Ecco a voi, signore. Per favore, buona giornata." Her hands shake as she passes me the schedule. A frown lines my face. Why is she so scared. Here you go, sir. Please have a wonderful day.

"Come on, Ami." Marco tugs me out of the office by my wrist, dragging me to my first class. "You have Literacy first. I'm not sure whether you had this lesson in Australia, but it doesn't matter. Remember to speak Italian. At. All. Times. Got it?"

I nod my head, shifting my face towards the door that now stands in front of me. This is my first class? I'm terrified. What if I embarrass myself?

"Good luck, coniglietto," Xander says softly, pressing a small kiss to my forehead. "You are going to need it." Bunny.

"Bye guys," I mutter, waving, watching as they walk away.

I take a deep breath, before opening the door. I already know that I'm late. As I open the door, I stand in shock, realizing that I just knocked down the teacher.

"Mi dispiace tanto, signore. Non ho nemmeno pensato di bussare. È il mio primo giorno qui. Mi dispiace molto, signore. Stai bene? Qualcosa è rotto o slogato? Posso andare a chiamare l'infermiera," I begin to ramble, feeling very bad that I just knocked an old man over. I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't even think to knock. It is my first day here. I'm very sorry, mister. Are you okay? Is anything broken or sprained? I can go get the nurse.

"No, signorina. Penso che ti vedrò più tardi. La detenzione all'ora di pranzo suona bene? Sì. Vai a sederti. Non ho tempo per i bambini stupidi come te." The old man says, giving me a disapproving look when I try to help him stand up. No, miss. I think I'll be seeing you later. Detention at lunchtime sound good? Yeah. Go take a seat. I don't have time for dumb children like yourself.

I scurry towards the back of the classroom, where a single seat remains vacant. The boy who sits in the seat next to it is currently turned around, but I can see the back of his jawline, and let me say... he is hot.

"Ora che ti sei presentato in modo informale alla mia classe, ti piacerebbe presentarti formalmente?" The teacher asks rudely, turning his back on me, to write on the whiteboard. Now that you have informally introduced yourself to my class, would you like to formally introduce yourself?

"Oh, ehm. Sono Amity. Vengo dall'Australia e mi sono appena trasferito qui." My response is unprepared and sloppy, but it will have to do. Oh, um. I'm Amity. I'm from Australia and just moved here.

"Signorina, le ho chiesto di presentarsi formalmente. Non fornire tutte le tue informazioni, ma il tuo cognome." His tone is demanding and I feel very rushed. Miss, I asked you to formally introduce yourself. Not give out all your information, but your surname.

"Mi dispiace tanto, signore. Sono Amity Romano." I run out of breath, yet I'm not even doing anything. I'm so sorry, sir. I'm Amity Romano.

"Un'altra detenzione. Miss 'Mi piace mentire.' Non scherzi su cose del genere. Ci vediamo anche dopo la scuola." The teacher says, his voice is sharp, and leaves no room for discussion. Another detention. Miss 'I like to lie.' You do not joke about things like that. I'll see you after school as well.

As soon as he sees my nod, the class begins. I lay my head on the table, sighing deeply, and regretting even stepping into the classroom. Soon the class is over, and I grab my bag before leaping out of my seat. The boy sitting next to me follows suit, chasing me out of the classroom.

"Amity?!" His voice is shocked. What, he knows who I am?

I swivel around on my feet, coming face to face with the one and only Elijah Jones. He's the bad boy who was in my class on the day I left Melbourne.

"What are you doing in Italy?" I ask him, an accusing tone hidden behind my voice.

He throws his hands up in defeat. "I could say the same about you. You'd better not be stalking me."

A loud bell shoots through the speakers, signaling that the next class is about to begin.

"I'll see you soon, cutie." He uses the same nickname as he did back in Australia, before mockingly saluting me and walking in the opposite direction.

I turn around and speed towards my next class, which is maths. God, first English and now maths. What a terrible day. I end up roaming around the school, finally locating room 135 B. I push the door open, and end up not knocking the teacher down. Good start, Amity.

"Mi dispiace per il ritardo, signore." I pant, waking to find a seat. So sorry I'm late sir.

He dismisses me with a slight wave, not even turning his body to face me. This double lesson is going to be a long one.

***

The bell goes and I rise up, realizing that I fell asleep at some point. Fuck. I also have a lunch time detention. Double fuck. I speed through the hallways, back to the scary mean teacher, who gave me two detentions on my first day. Someone kill me now.

That is my last thought before I re-open the doors to my English classroom. I hope I hit him with the door again, except a lot harder. Maybe so he is unable to give me another detention.

A/N: Hey guys!! Thank you so much for reading!! Please remember to vote, comment and keep reading when I get another chapter out. Also thank you all for 2.7k reads, it means the world to me. I love you all so much, and hope to see you all reading again tomorrow night. Byeeee <<<3