Chapter thirty nine

The first step of our plan was easily executed, and for me, it felt a little too easy. One teenage boy shouldn't be able to take on over a dozen trained mafia men, single-handedly. But he did, and that worries me.

Our second step revolves around sneaking into the mansion and planting our bomb device, which will go off when Noah and I instruct it to. Of course, our plan isn't to kill anyone, just to majorly startle them, to a point where they realize that I am a force to be reckoned with and that they might have to relocate to keep away from me.

Noah and I look at each other as a thought flies across our heads. This is too simple. Too easy for a couple of teenagers to break in. I cross my foot over the threshold of the house, suspicion clouding my feelings.

Nothing happens. No alarms, no lasers. Everything is silent, and I can almost hear the crickets singing their nightly song.

Noah creeps in after me, following my lead, because I know the house better than him. Playing on my tippy toes, I act like I am in a spy movie. I know that my brothers' and father's room is on the second story, taking up the entire hallway.

I head in the opposite direction, beckoning for Noah to follow after me. If we plant the bomb in the garage, then all of their fancy cars will blow up, and create damage to a little bit of the house.

The stairs to get to the garage creak slightly, as we soundlessly make our way down them. But it is not enough for people to hear from the floor above. I am excited. This is my first real mission after several months of training. Even though Noah taught me that revenge is never a good thing, or an ethical decision, this plan feels a lot like it.

I open the garage door, bracing myself for Noah's reaction to the cars. But it never comes. Instead, he focuses on our mission, going straight to a corner.

"Is this spot good for the bomb?" He asks, indicating to the part that would ruin all of their nice cars, and most likely half of the Romano's big ass house.

"Perfect," I smile, bringing myself over to where he is standing, checking out Noah's chosen place for the bomb.

I get it out of my pocket, and it is no bigger than the size of my palm. A small beep echoes from it, every few seconds, and at the same time, a sharp red light flashes, hurting my eyes slightly, since Noah and I are standing in the dark.

"Have you got the remote?" I question the boy standing next to me. I tilt my head to the side, as a way to gauge Noah's reaction.

"Of course I do," he smiles at me and pulls out the remote, where a big button lies in the center, ready for him to press, and explode the bomb.

I nod, burying the bomb underneath the car in the corner, walking back a couple of steps, and seeing if it is visible from the naked eye. When I am positive that it seems to be invisible, I approach Noah again, wrapping my arms around him in a friendly way.

"We have already completed the first two steps of our plan. Can you believe it, we are doing so well," I whisper softly, so my brothers and father, who are upstairs can't hear me.

"We are doing this for us," Noah says with a small smile on his face. "But we haven't finished yet, we need to get out of this house without being caught first. And if anyone in your family has been notified to all of the guys that I singlehandedly beat up, then we might have company on the way out."

I hum in agreement, having not thought of that before. But I am sure that we will be fine. Noah taught me that things always turn out the way they should, even if it seems to be bad in one specific moment.

Noah spins the baseball bat around threateningly, probably expecting someone to come down and startle us into a fight. Slowly, Noah and I creep back up the stairs, trying to keep away from any prying eyes.

Another thing that I am surprised about, is that there are no guards on the inside of the house and that no one is awake at this time. I mean, yes, it is late. But not to a point where everyone is in their room asleep.

As we make it to the front door, a noise scares us. I also notice that a lot of the unconscious guards from before aren't knocked out on the floor anymore. Instead, a patch of unkempt gravel floor is in its place.

I make eye contact with Noah for half a second before he is hit upon the head by the butt of a gun. Although he is still conscious, the bat flies from his hand, and I scurry to catch it. I am successful, and a satisfying feeling overcomes my body, as the wooden baseball bat slips into my fingers.

I wield it around, like the weapon it is, trying to see who had the audacity to hit Noah. One of the beat down guards has a heavy flow of blood running down his forehead, but a smug look overtakes his features as he sees a weakened looking Noah.

Impulsively, I swing the bat towards the guard, and miss- but only by a couple of inches. More footsteps rush down the grand staircase as if desperate to witness the drama that is happening down here.

The faces of my brothers begin to loom over me. I may have been mentally preparing myself for this, for several months now, but nothing could have prepared me for actually seeing them. Face to face. Basically by myself. Standing next to a beaten down teenage boy, who is holding his head in pain, after being whacked with the butt of a gun.

Their faces turn from surprised, to shocked, to upset, to angry, to furious. If I wasn't in such a bad situation right now, I might have laughed.

But I am in a bad situation, and god dammit, it is going to be awkward.

A/N: Hey guys!!!!!! Thank you so much for reading and 12.4K reads, it means the world to me. If you enjoyed this chapter, please remember to vote, comment and keep reading when I update again tomorrow night. I hope to see you all then. I love you sooooo much!!!!!! Byeeeeee <<<<<<333