Chapter 1: Without Warning

Without hesitance I took a newer path going to my house, since the store I came from had a closer path to my house. I estimated the walk to be twelve minutes more-or-less.

I took a few right's and left's in hopes that I wouldn't get lost. Despite my efforts, I did get lost. It wasn't that big of a surprise. I stared at my phone feeling despondent. 'I try something new once and this happens.' I sighed, opposing myself from rolling my eyes.

I continued walking down the dimly lit path. Despite the fact that it was already noon, everything looked dark from where I stood.

I soon came to a halt after hearing some chatter. "How the hell did you get us lost? At one point we were in a forest, and now we're here!" A man screeched, his voice was high yet somewhat gravely.

'If this place has a path to the forest, I'm screwed.' I thought.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Another man retorted in a gravely voice. 

"You're so intransigent!" The first man spoke once more.

I kept walking until we crossed paths.

"Kerestel, we can ask this man where we are." The first man whispered while tapping his companion's shoulder.

"I don't know where we are either." I said investigating the path that I came through, which happened to no longer be there.

"Tough luck, Aren." Kerestel said after he thanked me.

"Can we tag along?" Aren asked.

"You seem to know what you're doing." He added.

"Sure." I said.

Finally a vehicle was in sight. It was a black Chevrolet Impala. "Hey do you know where we are?" I asked, raising my voice so the woman in it could hear me.

Aren and Kerestel stared as the red-headed woman stepped out of the car. "Yes, yes I do." She said as she covered my mouth with a cloth that I assume was soaked in chloroform.