Chapter 6: The Lounge, Continued

After being ushered away from the scene, the guards practically dumped us anywhere where we wouldn't find out whatever happened to the lady.
We eventually found our way back to the activity room and lounge.

I slid down the white, slippery and curved couch while Nari sat at the edge of it. Kerestel, however, sat adjacent to both of us with Aren on the arm of his chair. The silence was long and awkward. Nobody dared to break it.

"Do you think she has an idea that we might try to escape?" Aren said in a surprisingly calm tone.

"She might." Nari responded in the same tone.

"Why are you guys whispering?" Kerestel mocked. Of course he did seem anxious as well, but he was amused with their tone.

"Just in case." Nari said seriously, not getting that he was kidding.

The chance of the psychotic woman who was chasing us being dead was very high or at least fatally injured.

Silence enveloped the room once more.

"We really need to get out fast and easily." Kerestel recommended.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Aren asked quickly. They were no longer whispering, at this point they were doing the opposite.

"I don't know!" Kerestel shrieked. The thirty-year-old was at a loss for words.
At this point Nari was the one who seemed amused. I could relate, they bickered a lot and it did become funny from time to time. Very entertaining, but that wasn't our current focus.

I lifted my hands in the air right infront of their faces as an attempt to get their attention. It made me look immensely stupid.

"Escape plan number one. Remember." I said, referencing a movie none of them knew.

Plans were for tomorrow, none of them could comprehend a thing that I said after brainstorming different ideas.