Chapter 4: Lounge

We took two lefts before getting to the lounge. "The hell was that about?" Aren complained.

"She told me it was drugged."
"Well, is it?" Nari asked, picking up the glass and smelling it.
"Just to be wary, I won't drink it." I said as she gave me the glass.

I swirled the glass around waiting for any possible chemical reaction.
It bubbled ever so slightly.

"Well there's your answer." Aren said leaning back in his lounge chair.
I started slurring and stuttering in an attempt to make a coherent sentence.

"Why would she spike my drink?" I said after being able to speak.
"Maybe she wants to get rid of you." Kerestel thought.
"That narrows a lot down." Nari said with a lot of bite in her voice.

Now I had another cumbersome question to answer.

"I think it's Rohypnol." Aren said, lifting the glass up once more.
"Odourless and about zero sign of being roofied except for the bubbling." He continued, plastering a smile filled with pride on his face.

"Possible." Nari agreed.
I slowly started losing my conscience, and down I went.
"Very possible." Kerestel added.

Within a few hours I woke up.
The rest were sitting around me doing different stuff, still in the lounge. I tried to sit up, unable to fathom whatever had happened.

"Can someone explain?" I asked, finally being able to talk properly. They directed their focus to me. Kerestel spoke first, "You were drugged with Rohypnol."

"Trusting pinky-pie is a no-no now." Aren added, while Nari just sat there wordlessly.

"Let's go back to the room for now. I highly doubt that we can trust the other helpers." Nari finally spoke, standing up, heading towards the room.

We all stood up and followed the woman. Day one in whatever this place is, and I already have some possible alliances.

At this point it was 6pm. Some crickets were heard chirping outside, the light was dim, and the halls were silent.

A particularly eerie scenery was set.

Tailing behind the rest, I fiddled with my fingers and took glances around the hallway until we reached our rooms.

A note was laid on my bed.

"Dear, Leon. Keep your mouth shut. We have our eyes on you."

I gulped once more, well that was a problem. I took my time to list all of the questions flooding my mind.

1. Why the hell was Zephyr drugging me?
2. Who wrote this letter?
3. Where is Zephyr?
4. Who is in charge?
5. Are they drugging all the people here?
6. Do they know that Nari, Kerestel, and Aren don't belong here as well?

Eventually I'd have to answer these questions.