Chapter 3: Acquainted

The red-headed lady rolled her eyes and walked right past us. She went to the book section and picked up any book that she could find.

Yes, she was stuck here too. But it doesn't mean that she couldn't have put us here.
My question about her was still pending.

She was blatantly observing us. I didn't think she was aware of how obvious it was. But one way or another, it was.

"Stop staring at me." She snapped.
"You first, Red." We said in unison.

She walked towards our seats, leaving the kid's book on the bean bag next to the shelf.

"Why are you here?" She said in annoyance.
"Really good question, Tomato." Aren said covering his eyes with his whole hand.
"What happened after you knocked us out?" Kerestel asked in a much more pressing tone.

"Well someone hit me with a bat in the back of my head. I never saw the face." The woman responded.

It wasn't her. Unless she's lying. I thought. Why would she lie?
Wow, I'm not the brightest.

"Do you remember anything else?" I asked.
"No."
"Why were you trying to kidnap us?"
"Just for business, not hard feelings."
"Who ordered it?"
"Why would I tell you?"
"We'll be stuck together, might as well know why you tried to kill me."
"I didn't try to kill you. I just wanted to hurt you a bit."
"How is that any better?!"
"Stop" Kerestel interrupted.

"We have more important problems at this moment. If you want to argue, do it outside." Kerestel said, trying to keep his calm.

"You, I will talk to later." He said pointing at me. "You, I will deal with now." He said pointing at the woman.

"For starters what's your name?" He interrogated.
"Nari." She said calming down a bit.
"Your age?" He asked.
"24, old guy."
"I'm only 30." He said, constricting himself from swearing.
"Birthday?"
"May 13, 2010."
"Do you have a lover?"

"I wish." She responded sarcastically.
"That's the only thing I can relate to you about." Aren added.

"Ok, I'd rather talk to blondie over here." She said as she turned her head to me.
"What do you want to know?" She continued.

"Why'd you try to kidnap me?" I asked.
"Us." Aren corrected.

"The person whom you were buying from was my target, I was also told to kill anybody who came in contact with him."

'That's what I get for trying something new. I almost get assassinated and I get stuck in an asylum." I thought, gritting and sucking my teeth.

"That's it?" I asked
"Yes, that's it." She replied.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.
After a couple minutes of calming down and being talked to by Nari, I stopped panicking.

"Here, water." The pink blob said.
When I saw her now she no longer looked like a pink smudge. She had brown hair and a long pink dress, it reached her toes. She had a hazelnut shade for her eyes. I read her name tag, which said, Zephyr.

"Thanks, Zephyr." I said, taking a sip of the water. She smiled then walked away from the activity room, taking one more glance if the rest needed something.

A different woman went to me this time. A black-haired woman with blue eyes.

"Don't drink that.' She said sternly. Putting one hand on the cup, and dragging it away from me, the other hand was rested firmly on the table.

"Why?" I asked, my eyes wide open.
"Drugged." She answered.

Zephyr came closer to us again.
"Do you need something, miss?"
She asked.
"No, stay away from us." The woman shrieked, causing a scene.
Zephyr called the guards, and we once again heard the unsatisfying scream.

"She's schizophrenic. Sorry about that." Zephyr said with her eyebrows furrowed.

I could feel my heart in my throat, so I forced it back down into my chest.

Nari, Kerestel, and Aren prodded me to go to the lounge for a more private talk.

I happily obliged.