𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. "BULLSEYE!"

HOPE
hey mia!!

HOPE
hru?!

HERMIONE
gd.

HERMIONE
u?

HOPE
I'm great actually!

HERMIONE
wuu2?

HOPE
nothing much, u?

HERMIONE
archery

HERMIONE
hence the short replies

HOPE
ah

HOPE
i can go if u want?

HERMIONE
or we could FaceTime?

HOPE
sure!

          HERMIONE clicked to answer her phone, setting it on a tree stump near her feet. She then picked her bow back up, seeing the target pinned on another tree she squinted at it, blocking out most noises near her. She got her feet into the correct position, assuming correct posture too.

She fired the arrow, watching how peacefully it soared through the air. Just as it pierced the middle of the target, her senses came back to her and she remembered Hope was on the phone.

"Mia?"

"Hope, sorry." Hermione chuckled, brushing her hair out of her face. She placed down her bow on the tree stump and picked up her phone, "Just shooting an arrow."

Hope nodded in understanding, knowing how when she was painting she went into a whole other world filled with colours and vibrancy... for Hermione it must be the same.

"How's it going?" Hope saw Hermione walking forwards then as the camera was pointed at the ground.

The screen flipped the show an arrow in the middle of the target, "Bullseye."

"Wow! Impressive." Hope stated, watching as Hermione took the arrow out of the target and walked away, forgetting to turn the camera back around.

"Sorta." Hermione put her phone back on the tree stump, "Alright, I'm gonna put you down here. Don't worry, Hope, I won't forget about you like they did Taylor at the supermarket the other day."

Hope laughed, remembering how Hermione told her about the girl that sat behind the announcers desk like something from the sitcom Superstore, "Good, did Taylor's parents ever come back for her?"

"Don't know, mum wouldn't stick around to check." Hope hadn't realised it before, in the total of two phone calls — the previous and now — but Hermione's accent was only a fraction of posh. The other part of her accent was rough, but soft. A strange Yin and Yang effect. "Besides, we had to get back to the flat in case Warren died or something."

This reminded Hope to check up on her friend, "How are you coping with everything?" Hope asked just as Hermione fired her arrow, swiping her hair out of her face.

"I'm good, yeah." Hope heard Hermione walk briskly up to the tree and take out the arrow with a huff, "Damn it! I did so well a minute ago and now? Can't even get the fucking middle of the target!" Hermione moved back to her bow, assuming the same position as before as she continued talking whilst firing the bow, "I guess I'm adjusting. School isn't great, Lord knows I hate it there. But it'll get better."

The arrow landed in the middle, causing Hermione to let out a squeal of happiness, Hope of course couldn't see this as the screen was dark from the back camera on the tree stump. "What's wrong at school."

Hermione tensed up, realising she had said too much, "Nothing. Schools fine."

"Mia." Hope sighed, her nickname sounding like a delicate flower on her lips. Hope wanted to protect that delicate flower, little did she know that flower was the opposite of delicate. "You can tell me, you know."

"It's nothing. Besides, I don't want you to worry about me. I'm fine, I swear." Hermione then presumably shot another arrow, "Bullseye!"