𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. THE AFTERMATH

HOPE
mia, hru?

HERMIONE
i came out like two hours
ago, idk wtf to do!!

HOPE
i can come over?!

HERMIONE
in the morning

HERMIONE
i need some time alone

HOPE
ofc!!

PULLING the covers off herself, Hermione sighed, she knew she had to get up at some point, but the fact it was about two in the morning made her want to cry. But, she couldn't sleep anyways.

Her socials and phone had been blowing up, people she had heard of who lived in Hollyoaks where treating her coming out as though it were a success or emotional story for them.

The only messages she cared about where the ones from Hope, obviously, and finally the ones from DeMarcus. But, Hermione knew they could wait and so she put her phone back down on the nightstand, letting it charge.

Brushing some of her brunette locks out of her hair, she noticed just how tangled they were. So, she moved out of bed slowly and ended up in front of her vanity, she picked up the hairbrush when she remembered something.

Inside the vanity, in the drawer to the right, were hair extensions of different colours her and some of her friends wore in the summer. Hermione, being Hermione, had taken at least two of each colour and kept them as keepsakes.

She put the brush down quickly, scrambling to open the drawer, Aha, she thought upon finding them.

Spreading them across the desk, an idea planted itself into her hair. Hermione ran over to her phone, not caring whether she woke her mother or Warren (who she was sure were out of the flat anyways), and unlocked it before calling Hope.

"Come on!" Hermione sighed impatiently as she paced around her room, "Please, pick up!"

"Hermione." Hope greeted softly, a small yawn coming out of her mouth, "I just got off to sleep, but it's fine! Your well-being is better than my beauty sleep!"

Hope appeared in a jokey mode, despite the lack of sleep. This calmed Hermione slightly, "Okay, I have an idea and don't laugh, okay?"

"What's the idea?" Hope asked groggily.

"Hair extensions. Our hair. Show those mother fuckers our rainbow flags!" And with that, Hermione hung up the phone, surely leaving an extremely confused Hope on the other end of it.

More messages and notifications rolled through, there was at least one per minute. Whether it was on her Instagram story or TikTok account, it didn't matter. Hermione was blowing up, for all the wrong reasons and she would be sure to put a stop to it.