𝖝𝖝𝖎. THE PARTY

HOPE
hey!

HOPE
i'm in the school, waiting on u

          HERMIONE turned off her phone, pocketing it as she walked through the schools entrance. She had walked alone today, usually she walked with DeMarcus of late, but today she knew that she needed everything to go perfectly.

Walking through the halls, Hermione had no regard for anything or anyone around her, she just needed to find Hope. She walked over to the reception, Miss St. Claire — the Headmistress — sat talking with Hope, just sharing small talk about the school mostly.

"There she is!" Miss St. Claire beamed, standing up as Hermione walked through the door.

Hope felt slightly out of place, she was wearing her uniform from home but since it was a college, Hermione was wearing leggings and a simple white cropped t-shirt paired with the airforces, seeing them Hope had to stop a laugh coming out of herself.

"Hope." Hermione spoke, her eyes finally meeting the brilliant blue of Hope's.

"Well, girls, I can trust Hermione to show you around." Miss St. Claire then left, leaving the two girls alone.

Hope stood up as Hermione cleared her throat, "So, how are you?"

"I'm... good, now that your here." Hope answered, laughing afterwards, "Sorry, that was cringe as hell!"

"It was." Hermione agreed, shifting on her feet as she gained confidence in the conversation, her stomach fluttering with butterflies, "But, I loved it nonetheless."

"Good." Hope moved closer to Hermione, both staring eachother deep in the eyes, they didn't even realise they were doing so.

The bell rang, Hope took a few steps back and spoke, "What class first?"

"Art." Hermione answered, "We are painting today, so I think you'll enjoy yourself."

Hermione reached for Hope's hand, giving her a look as an ask. Hope nodded, taking Hermione's hand in her own and the pair began walking off.

"Hermione!" DeMarcus called out, causing Hermione to turn around to see the dark skinned boy.

"DeMarcus, hey!" Hermione replied, "This is—"

"Hope. Nice to meet you." DeMarcus interrupted, "So Charlie and I ended up throwing a party?! Someone posted online at our suggestion for getting the money for Vicki and... well, it's escalated."

"Where is it gonna be?" Hermione asked, Hope stayed in place as she scanned the corridor, comparing it to her school.

"Charlie's place."

"I can help set up, if you want." Hermione suggested, to which DeMarcus nodded.

"Your a lifesaver, Hermione." DeMarcus then walked off in the other direction leaving the girls be.

"I don't want to—" Hermione lead Hope up the stairs, towards the art classroom.

"Hope, your not going to set up. The reputation of your school relies on this." Hermione then reduced her voice to a whisper, "Of your secret." Hermione's voice went back to normal, "I wouldn't want to jeopardise that."

"Thanks." Hope smiled up at Hermione, the pair now standing in queue waiting for the art teacher. Hope's smile brought butterflies into Hermione's stomach and the girl felt as though she were finally happy.

          "WHERE do we want the drinks?" Hermione called out, entering the house as she saw Charlie and DeMarcus had mainly set up.