𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. THE PERFECT MATCH

THE Christmas spirit was something Hermione had never got the hang of. Most of her Christmases as a child had been spent with her mothers driver — Godfrey — as her mother claimed she were busy.

Hermione knew the truth.

Which was why, this year was also a let down. Apart from her. Hope had scheduled the first date to be somewhat Christmassy, she of course didn't know of Hermione's hatred for the holiday. And thus, Hermione was already walking into the hotel Hope was staying at.

It was only a day until Christmas, but Hermione wasn't at all excited. Because, A) Warren's test match for her mothers liver was negative and B) she despised the season.

Which left her to smile, though it didn't quite meet her eyes, to hope that Hope didn't notice her hatred. The hotel was decked out in fancy garlands and twinkling lights, a large Christmas tree decorated with golds and whites to match the hotel stood tall in the foyer.

Scanning the rest, Hermione found the wide space's open windows draped with fairy-lights, and finally Hope stood smiling with a Santa Hat on her head.

"Mia!" She called out excitedly, rushing over to her. Only then Hermione noticed the cheesy Christmas music playing. She hid her spite towards it and focused all her adoration for Hope onto her face.

"Hope!" She spoke softly as she embraced the brunette, she wished their first date was less based around the holiday season but it was perfect because Hope was there.

Hope grabbed Hermione's hand, leading her through to a room with tables, one had a few candles in the middle and two Christmas dinners sat upon it.

"I can't wait until Christmas, and I'm flying back to New Orleans tonight... so... here we are so I can spend the holiday season with you!" Hermione couldn't tell Hope no, she didn't have it in her to ruin her happiness.

And so, she pulled out Hope's chair for her before going and sitting down at her place, picking up her cutlery. Hermione had never really had a proper Christmas dinner, sometimes she had the essence of one over FaceTime on Christmas with her mother, but it wasn't the same.

"So, how are you?" Hermione asked, putting a few carrots into her mouth and chewing.

"I'm good." Hope replied happily, "You?"

"I'm good." Hermione replied once she had finished her mouthful, then drinking a sip of water before going back to her meal.

"How are things... with the coming out?" Hope asked, almost feeling bad for asking.

Hermione knew her concern was genuine, though and that made her trust Hope, "Okay, I guess. When I go back to school, it'll change."

"I guess. But I will most probably come back soon after the holidays. Miss Forbes arranged the flight back home so I wouldn't be without my family." Hermione nodded, trying to not think about her family, "I guess the Christmas spirit here is different."

"Hope?" Hope perked up, "Can I tell you something and you take like no offence?"

"Only if your comfortable." Hope replied, presuming Hermione would say something stupid as per usual.

This time, it was not lighthearted. "My mum and I, we rarely spent Christmas together. And whilst I appreciate this date, I'm the Grinch when it comes to Christmas."

"Is this something your not comfortable with because I can al—"

"Hope, it's okay. But, maybe we don't count this as a first date?" Hermione suggested as Hope smirked, "What?"

"If this is your way on asking me out again... it's working very well." Hope joked, then her face turned serious, "I had no idea. I'm sorry."

"No. I'm sorry I'm fucking Scrooge about Christmas!"

"It's okay, because I'm a total Christmas-head! I love it!" Hope picked up her cutlery, "I guess, it makes us a perfect match?"

"It does." Hermione agreed happily.

"Why don't we get out of here? Go elsewhere?" Hope suggested, Hermione got up and waited for Hope to grab an extra pig-in-blanket and pop it in her mouth before scuttling off with her, both girls being happy.