50. The Feeling of jealousy

Sidharth had called Shehnaaz while she was shopping in the market near her dorm. He was upset with her that she took a cab to travel across the city. And now, Sidharth had instructed her to hang on wherever she was, as he was coming there to pick her up.

Shehnaaz completed her shopping and went ahead to be at the place where she had asked Sidharth if she would be waiting for him.

Shehnaaz was gazing at the people moving out and about in the market when she heard a voice from the other side of the crowd. "Hi Shehnaaz..."

Shehnaaz almost collapsed in shock to hear somebody calling her name out of nowhere. Responding to the voice when she turned around, Shehnaaz found that it was Asim who had called out to her. She took a deep breath and was relieved. She gave him a pat on his hand and stated, "Oh my God, Asim, you scared me. By the way, what are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious that I did not come here to watch a movie? Of course, I am here to shop, "Asim responded with a chuckle.

"By the way, Shehnaaz, what are you doing here?" Asim asked, smiling at her.

"Obviously, I haven't come here to watch a movie either, you dumb head! I came here to shop for some stuff for myself."

"But, have you come alone?" Asim asked.

Shehnaaz sighed and replied, "Yeah, I am all alone after Jasmine went to her hometown." She was certainly missing Jasmine .

Asim was kind of upset by her answer.

"Why do you say that, Shehnaaz? I am hurt by these words. I am always there for you. How can you assume yourself to be alone? Umm... Shehnaaz, I am sorry that I could not make it when Jasmine left with her parents. Something urgent came up at home and I had to go," Asim explained.

It's okay, Asim. There's nothing to worry about, " Shehnaaz replied to him.

She was pretending to be calm from the outside, but her heartbeat was pacing up. She wanted Asim to leave at the earliest, as Sidharth was expected to reach the market at any moment. Shehnaaz didn't want Asim and Sidharth to come across each other. She could let Sidharth know about Asim, but it seemed quite impossible to elaborate on her association with Sidharth Shukla to Asim.

"Oh, God... why is he not leaving? "It would be better if Asim would leave here before Sidharth reaches her," she thought.

Asim noticed that Shehnaaz was quiet. He had met Shehnaaz after a few days.

"Let's go somewhere. Where we could sit and talk while eating something you like, "Asim suggested. He clearly
wanted to make the most of this sudden but pleasant meeting...

Shehnaaz's thoughts were interrupted by his question.

"Umm... No, I don't think I could make it today. I still have a few things left on my shopping list. I'll see you later. Yeah?.. " Shehnaaz replied to him softly.

Asim was taken aback. He didn't expect this kind of behaviour from Shehnaaz .

"Yeah, okay. I'll take your leave then," Asim responded. He was about to leave, but something came to his mind, and he turned around to face Shehnaaz again. "Jasmine had told me that you would be leaving the dorm along with her. If you really did, where have you been staying now?" Asim asked inquisitively.

Shehnaaz immediately responded to his question, "Yeah, actually I am living with one of my friends and sharing the apartment."

"Okay, that's good. Give me your address. I could visit you if I wanted to meet you, "Asim stated.

He wanted to stay in touch with Shehnaaz after law school. He had only two friends from college, after all.

"Umm... Well, Asim, actually, our land lady is not very comfortable with boys visiting the apartment. Also, I won't be staying there for long. " Shehnaaz justified her behaviour by making an excuse. Shehnaaz made an excuse as she couldn't tell him about sharing the apartment with Sidharth shukla.