66. Some True Feeling of Love

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

After her interaction with Asim, Shehnaaz and Sidharth came out of the wedding venue. Sidharth was delighted to see Shehnaaz all dressed up for the reception party, but the joy on his face disappeared since he had met Asim. He didn't like how Asim was being close to Shehnaaz.

Amid all the guests and soothing background music with a lavish dinner, she was enjoying her time and didn't feel tired at all. Both Sidharth and Shehnaaz got into the car. It was then that Shehnaaz realized how tired she was. Shehnaaz altered the position of the passenger seat to make it more comfortable for her. She lied down on it partially and felt an unmatched relief. Sidharth started the car and drove away from the venue.

About half an hour had passed, but Sidharth was quiet. He had not spoken even a single word. Shehnaaz found it a little unusual. She had noticed him being a little gloomy since they had come back from the reception.

"He was so happy earlier at the wedding when he entered the venue
with flowers in his hands. What happened that changed his temperament suddenly? Did he recall his own wedding that was called off midway? Of course, yes... Attending the wedding reception might have revived his long-lost wounds. How stupid of me that I insisted he come to the wedding reception?" She thought.

Shehnaaz was curious to know what was running through his mind.

"What happened Sidharth? You don't look fine, " she asked.

"Hmm..." Sidharth made an assertion and continued driving. He didn't even glance at her.

Shehnaaz noticed a weird kind of stress reflecting on his face. She was suspicious that Sidharth might have experienced flashbacks of his past as he had attended a wedding reception today. But now her doubts have turned real. She was determined that it was his past that was bothering Sidharth. The reason behind his spoiled mood could be the incident that took place at his wedding.

"How stupid of me to invite him to the wedding reception? I am afraid he would again get himself stuck at work to avoid being in the apartment with me. He might find excuses to avoid meeting me. What a mess you have invited yourself to, Shehnaaz! It took so much effort to make things better between us. But it's all the same again,"she mumbled in her mind.

I hope I haven't ruined it again. I should not have invited him to the wedding reception. It was indeed a bad idea. I am responsible for the thorns pricking his heart at the moment," she thought.

Silence prevailed between them for a long time, during which Shehnaaz kept thinking about Sidharth. After a short while, Shehnaaz tried to initiate a conversation with him. "Sidharth... Jasmine and Aly make a great couple. Don't they? Their happiness could be seen reflected through their eyes. They appeared as if they were made for each other. What do you say?" She asked in an excited tone.