76. Maya's Truth

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

At night, Shehnaaz went to Sidharth's room with two mugs of hot chocolate. They were in conversation with each other when Sidharth received a call on his phone. The phone call changed his expression from smiling to a stressed one, real quick.

He excused himself and went out of the room. Shehnaaz was surprised and glanced at him as he left the room.

While Sidharth was outside, Shehnaaz utilised the time to admire the space she was in. She gazed around the room and focused on all the details that were very well taken care of. The room had a sober and calm vibe to offer. The walls were given the lightest shades of the colour palette. It was the second time that Shehnaaz had come to Sidharth's room.

Shehnaaz admired the room properly this time. She realised that Sidharth's room was comparatively bigger than hers. A round-shaped bed was kept in the centre of the room, and a painting was positioned right above it on the wall. There was a small lamp right above the bed, which scattered some warm light on the portrait. The entire room looked warm and cozy. There was also a lightbulb present overhead that scattered its light on the portrait. The abstract painting added some additional length to the wall. Shehnaaz thought that this could be one of the topics of discussion between Sidharth and her.

"I don't understand how such images are created by just scattering colours on the canvas." She wondered.

Gazing around in the room, Shehnaaz spotted a shelf fully stacked with several books. She saw a wardrobe on the other side of the wall. The walls in the room had wallpaper of a pale green color. Also, it was well illuminated with lights wherever necessary. The lights and the colour of the walls made Shehnaaz feel a positive vibe while she was in the room. There was one more thing that Shehnaaz noticed about this room. There wasn't a television in the room. It was kind of weird because usually people have a television in their rooms. But that was not the case with Sidharth. Shehnaaz shifted her gaze ahead and spotted a window that was big enough to get a larger view of the area around the apartment.

There was a table beside the window that had a music system kept on it. Soft music was playing on the music system, which happened to be Shehnaaz's favourite song.

Her favourite song being played on the system brought a smile to her face. She, too, was fond of old jazz.

Suddenly, a book that was kept upside down grabbed her attention.Shehnaaz concluded that Sidharth was reading that book before she came to his room. She found their choices quite similar.

"Sidharth is fond of listening to some old jazz music and reading books just like me. So this is the reason why he doesn't have a television in his room,"
Shehnaaz thought.

She came back to sit on the chair and rested her head on the back of it. Shehnaaz closed her eyes and got immersed in the tune of her favourite song.

A few minutes later, she felt a touch on her shoulder that made her open her eyes. She opened her eyes and saw Sidharth standing before her. And surprisingly, he was smiling at Shehnaaz.