Chapter 3

Edited on 12/12/23

Suddenly, M/n sat up and stretched his numb limbs. Both Hinata and him finished one box of mochi but were getting tired.

M/n picked up the bag that had the other three boxes and walked alongside Hinata. "So, Hinata."

"Hm? Y-Yeah?" Hinata asked as she glanced towards M/n, keeping a steady pace with him.

"I've been meaning to ask you something, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but it's just a thought." The h/c haired male smiled gently at her.

She slightly blushed and looked towards the ground. "D-Don't worry. What's your question?"

"Do you like, Naruto?"

That question made her halt her movement and stood there shocked. 'How did he know that?... Well he's always been so observant so it was a matter of time for him to figure it out.'

"U-Uhmm, well-"

She got cut off by the sound of laughing. Confused, she tilted her head at M/n and blushed in embarrassment.

"I'm just- just joking, Hinata! You should've seen your face! You looked cute-!" M/n immediately slapped his hand on his mouth and blushed madly at what he said. He couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth.

Hinata turned red as a tomato and stuffed her face into her hands, trying to cover her face. "H-huh! W-what?! No, I'm not!"

M/n flared his nostrils and pushed his chest out acting like he wasn't blushing a minute ago. "Yes, you are!"

"N-no!"

"Yes, you are. End of discussion!" M/n grabbed her delicate hand and gently dragged her towards a bumpy path.

"Wait." They both abruptly stopped and looked at each other.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Where's your house at?"

Hinata couldn't help but deadpan at her crush. Of course, she couldn't forget how bad at directions he was.

"It's this way, come on before it becomes too late." She dragged him towards the opposite side.

"Why didn't you tell me I was walking the wrong way!" M/n cried comically tears.

Soon enough they both arrived at the entrance of Hinata's compound.

Hinata thought M/n would leave her there and leave but she was wrong when M/n casually walked inside her property.

He turned towards her and signaled his head towards her house. "Come on, Hina-Chan. You didn't think I would leave you there and leave like that."

"H-Hina-Chan?!" She blushed so hard, feeling like she was gonna pass out again.

"Yeah? Do you want me to not call you that? I'm sorry-" M/n was about to apologize but got cut off by Hinata.

"No!"

M/n was stunned at her sudden outburst.

"I- I mean, you can call me that." She lowered her voice, tapping her pointers fingers together. A habit she always does when she was nervous and M/n knew that.

He smiled at her. "Alright... Hina-Chan."

When they stepped on the front porch of the door, leading inside Hinata's house, the door slammed open and revealed a brown long-haired male with clear white eyes.

The male's stare hardened as soon as he saw his daughter. "Hinata, why are you late?" His voice was stern which almost sent M/n to chivers.

Before Hinata could respond, M/n stepped in front of her and cleared his throat and mustered up a serious look he could do. "I apologize, sir but Hinata was with me. I'm sorry I brought her late."