Chapter 9

Zabuza stared at the Genin before he made hand sign with one hand, his other one keeping Kakashi trapped.

A Zabuza clone emerged from the water, causing Naruto to shiver.

"You think wearing a headband makes you a ninja. When you've hovered between life and death so many times it doesn't faze you, then you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly, your profile is entered in my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja. But to call upstarts like you a ninja, is a joke." The clone lifted his hand up in front of him, resulting in fog surrounding him and disappearing from the Genin's view.

Suddenly, the clone kicked Naruto with his foot, causing Naruto to fly backwards towards the ground. His headband also falling in the process.

The Zabuza clone stomped on Naruto's headband. "You're just brats."

"Naruto!" Sakura yelled, worried for her teammate.

"Listen! Get the bridge builder and run! You can't win this fight! He's using all his power to keep me in this prison. So he can only fight you with his water clone. But the clone can't go far from his real body. If you get away from him, he can't follow. Now run!" Kakashi ordered from the water bubble.

"Even if we do run, Zabuza would just follow us until he has wiped us all." M/n muttered to himself.

"We've got to do it!" Sasuke charged towards the clone, throwing a bunch of shurikens at him.

The clone swiped them away using his sword. He looked up and saw Sasuke falling down into his direction.

"Too easy." The clone grabbed Sasuke by his neck and threw him onto M/n, who winced at the impact.

"Sasuke, M/n! No!" Sakura yelled in worry.

"Out of all places, he threw you at me." M/n grumbled, sitting up in pain. "Great, now my back hurts."

"He got Sasuke!" Naruto saw Zabuza in front of him. The Genin tried to crawl away but he saw his bandaged hand. He remembered the promise he gave a while ago.

Naruto let out shaky and aggressive breaths as he looked up at the clone. He slowly got up from the ground. He gripped his healed wounded hand in a fist.

Suddenly, Naruto charged towards the clone, letting out a war cry.

"Huh? Naruto, no!" Kakashi yelled, alarmed at Naruto's action.

"Naruto! What in the world are you doing?!" Sakura screaming as she gripped her hair out of panic.

The Zabuza clone laughed. "Fool."

The clone punched Naruto with ease, sending the blonde Genin over towards the group were.

"Naruto, you injured?" M/n asked as he helped Naruto get back on his feet.

"What were you even thinking, charging at him by yourself? Even Sasuke could get to him. We're only Genin. We can't defeat a Jonin. What did you think you'd accomplish by that?!" Sakura scolded him.

Naruto had wobbly swayed side to side, revealing his headband. He had retrieved it from Zabuza's clone.

"Hey, you... the freak with no eyebrows. Put this in your bingo book— The ninja that will become Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves." Naruto panted as he wrapped his headband around his forehead. "He never backs down. His name's Naruto Uzumaki."

'Oh, damn.' M/n smiled.

"Alright, M/n, Sasuke. Listen up. Can you both hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Naruto." M/n pushed his hair back, getting a clear vision.