Chapter 4

M/n yawned as he finished combing his hair. He already had his clothes on and just needed to go to Naruto's apartment.

Walking towards his nightstand, he grabbed his necklace. It was a blue crystal dangling from a wax cord.

He wondered how he got this necklace. When the old man Hokage visited him one day, M/n asked him where he got it but the man just told him he had it since he was a little kid.

Since then, M/n hasn't brought the topic up. He clipped the necklace around his neck before walking out of his apartment.

He trudged towards Naruto's apartment and went inside without knocking. He was used to walking inside like he owned the home that it became a habit.

"Hey, Naruto." M/n waved when he saw his best friend in the kitchen.

Naruto grinned widely. "Hey, M/n! You excited to get our team?!"

"Yeah, very excited yay." M/n said sarcastically as he didn't want to wake up early to be put on a team.

"Come on, M/, cheer up! I know you don't like waking up early but it's to know what team your on." Naruto assured him with his famous grin.

"Todays the day so... let's chow down!"

They both sat down on the table and started eating. Naruto was eating ramen while M/n was chewing down his mochi.

M/n grabbed the carton of milk that was beside Naruto and looked at it.

"Uhh, Naruto?"

"Hm?" Naruto hummed while taking a big ass bite from his ramen.

"This is expired." M/n sweat dropped as he outstretched the milk towards the blonde male.

"Really?" Naruto took the milk from M/n and looked at it. "Well, I don't think it's going to be a problem. It's just a little out of date."

Naruto gulped down the carton.

"Wait! That's what you think but one time I did the same thing and I was in the toilet for the whole day!" M/n screamed, not wanting Naruto to suffer the same consequences as he did.

"What's the worse that can happen?" Naruto nonchalantly asked as he continued eating.

M/n just sighed and clasped his hands. "May you don't have the forbidden chocolate tornado." He muttered.

They both walked out Naruto's apartment and followed the path towards the Academy.

"You're mine, Naruto!" Konohamaru suddenly appeared from his hiding spot. As he stepped on the ground, his foot got caught up on the sheet and fell to the ground.

"Uh, what do you think you're doing, Konohamaru?" Naruto asked as he just stared at the fallen boy.

"That was a slick move, that's why I respect you as a rival." Konohamaru groaned as he sat up on his knee.

They both stared at each other in silence as M/n looked between them both confused as hell.

"But I didn't do anything." Naruto flatly said.

"Alright! Now fight me fair and square!" The short kid exclaimed as he had his hands in a hand sign.

"Sorry, Konohamaru but we've got an orientation. We don't have time." M/n apologized as he stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

"Orientation?"

"That's right, as of today we're ninja. Believe it." Naruto proudly said as he pointed towards his headband.

Konohamaru stared at it in amazement, which made Naruto giggle with a big grin on his face.

Time skip