TWENTY-SEVEN

LUCIEN VITTORI

LUCIEN VITTORI

Throughout dinner, I could feel the sneaky glances that were given to us. I thought I might've been having a mental breakdown or become paranoid. But when I saw Tommaso and Giovanni staring at us then away, I knew something was up.

"And a toast, to Lucien and Danny. May they have a long and beautiful relationship." Dad said as we all held up our glasses.

"Salute!" Everyone cheered and sipped on their glasses. Danny didn't drink alcohol so he sipped on orange juice and I made sure to only drink a small amount.

"Tomorrow is my dad's birthday." I told Danny.

"Do I get him a present?" He asked.

"If you want to. Personally, my dad's gift from me is not to get into another bar fight for the next few months." I said. Danny went into thinking mode.

"I've got nothing." He said. I hugged his side.

"It's fine." I told him. I leaned down and kissed him on the head. "Let's go outside." I said. I had noticed people began to go outside and get some fresh air.

"Hey, Danny. Come with me." Aria came by and took Danny by the arm away from me. I wanted to smash her face into the wall for taking my Danny away but calmed myself down.

"I'll be back, Lucien." He said. I watched as the two began to walk towards a side garden, out of view from us.

"We need to talk, Lucien." I turned and saw my mom standing behind me. Her tone indicated it was something serious. I followed her and she took us in the opposite direction of where Danny and Aria went.

When I turned the corner, I saw dad, Tommaso, nonna, and two other guys. One of them I immediately remembered as Lorenzo, one of dad's associates who specializes in secret operations.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Something serious has come to our attention." Dad said. I thought they were going to be upset about the fact that I had sex with Danny earlier near the olive trees.

"It's about Danny." Mom said.

Now they really had my attention and full panic.

"He's doing good. What's with all the worry?" I asked. Lorenzo stepped forward.

He cleared his throat. "One of our lackey's was on the west side and overheard a conversation. According to him, the main topic was Daniel Harper and his connection to us." He said.

"What did their conversation say?" I asked.

"Something about keeping a watch on him. They called it Operation AH. We don't know what AH stands for. But we do know that Daniel may be in danger." Lorenzo said.

"It's the Lombardi's, right?" I asked.

"It was in their territory. I would assume so." Lorenzo said.

"Is this what you guys were talking about earlier when we walked in?" I asked. They all nodded.