Chapter 2: True Monsters & Departure

"...I was born Quirkless."

Everyone present stood frozen at the boy's statement. The young man's injuries were the result of being quirkless.

"H-huh?! What do you mean this is because you're Quirkless?!" Mount Lady practically yelled at the man in front of her.

"Hm?" Izuku turned to fully face the heroes. "I'm deaf and blind on my right side so you'll have to repeat that." He said, pointing to the burned side of his face.

"She asked, what the hell do you mean you're quirkless?!" Kamui Woods yelled at the boy.

"Uhhhh, well I'm Quirkless. What else is there to say? I've got the double pinky toe joint an-"

"That's bullshit! There's no way someone your age could be born Qurkless."

"Kamui. Please calm down." Mount Lady asked.

"No! How can this kid blame all his injuries on being "Quirkless"?!" Kamui yelled using air quotes and continued, turning to Izuku. "They're all in the generation of old people! And even if you aren't lying, why would people care enough about your existence to do this?!"

"Kamui that's enough!"

More arguing between the heroes began and their audience started to mutter between themselves. Before anything could escalate further, everyone ceased their chatter and/or bickering when Izuku simply raised his hand.

"I mean... Mornin' Wood here isn't wrong on that last part, it is how I got into this mess after all. Nobody cares about my existence, everyone could stand and watch me get killed and not bat an eye as long as they know I'm Quirkless," Izuku said, shocking everyone that a kid his age could say something like that with a straight face.

"I spent over a decade being told I was worthless, that the world would be a better place without me. That everyone else has the right to live and I don't, all because of an extra joint in my pinky toe. Just because I was born with something I have no control over."

"Then again it's not that surprising, I'm not the only one that faces discrimination. As a society we judge people on their quirk as the sole factor, it's just what everyone is taught. People with mutation-type Quirks face discrimination because they look a little different. Those with heteromorphic type Quirks don't receive the same amount of acceptance as others and are treated as second-class citizens. Just because their Quirk makes them look less human or they simply possess extra appendages, that automatically justifies them being harassed, abused or even killed over their appearance."

"On top of that, there are cults they have to worry about that want to eradicate them. People can be pretty proud of unfairly judging someone, or assuming them to be evil all because they don't look like you do," Izukui stated, and he could see members of the crowd getting uncomfortable. 'Seems like now may be the time for a reality check.'

"Or what about the so-called "Villainous" Quirks? We label those people all because we see their abilities as unfit for heroics according to some standards, which is just bullshit. People are slapped with the title of villain if their Quirk could even, by the slightest amount, be used for evil purposes. The general rule everyone follows is the "Rule of Cool", if it looks and sounds cool, heroic, but if it's not flashy or sounds a little creepy, then you're a villain!"

"Let's look at it like this. All Might, who just changed the weather mere minutes ago. What if he decides to use that power to level cities, killing tens of thousands? Or what about Endeavor? He can, and does, cause huge amounts of collateral damage from just a single blast. Let's see... What about Thirteen? A much-beloved rescue hero her Quirk is highly volatile and dangerous, she could easily kill or cause massive amounts of collateral damage to her surroundings if she doesn't have control," the crowd seemed to get even more uncomfortable and even scared. Most likely because of the idea that even heroes like All Might could all too easily cause them harm.