chapter ten.

chapter ten.
The Rise of a Grisha

I STARTED DREAMING OF THE SEA WHIP AFTER that talk

I STARTED DREAMING OF THE SEA WHIP AFTER that talk. I started seeing it not only in my dreams but in drawn-out sketches of it. It was odd, but after training, I would find myself wandering into the library for hours, looking through countless books on Grisha Theory but found little, like basic facts, the children's stories, and rubbish-make beliefs things.

Alina had slowly begun coming back to training with Baghra, and she still didn't talk to me as much as she did when I first arrived, which was a month ago. But at least she would say a basic good morning and I suppose that was good enough.

I started seeing the Darkling more, he'd call me to his war room, but it was only to check for any progress, and sometimes about other things like the sea whip.

I was slowly beginning to make progress in summoning light and tides, but that didn't mean I wasn't still clutching onto Baghra. It still wasn't enough because every time I'd summon up a ball of light, or even water on my own, Baghra would shake her head and tut, "Not nearly enough."

But I didn't let her words affect me, I was proud of my little progress and if she didn't accept that, what would she have accepted? 

Training with Boktin had become easier for me now, he didn't call me a "little tracker girl" anymore, but he still did tell me I needed to gain weight.

❂♕

I'd dreamed that I was in the true sea, on a ship, with nobody aboard but me. It was dark out, the sea shimmering in the Moonlight that hung overhead. But then the ship rattled, water rolling up the sides and into the ship. A roar came from the other side with a loud thump. I walked forward, no fear evident inside of me and looked over the ledge.

Within the water was a black long, slim body of a sea serpent, its body was covered with iridescent, shimmering scales, with seven golden scales on its forehead. He had translucent, winglike fins, red eyes, and a terrifying gigantic jaw, with many rows of teeth.

Its head was raised above the water, breathing, staring at me, and for a moment I thought it might lash out and attack, but it never did.

The creature rose from the water as if it was going to fly until its eyes were directly in front of me. I took a few steps back, for precaution, but then the creature only blinked and hovered over the ship, above me.

The creature looked up and down, then nudged me with its long scaly arm. Without question, I rose my hand and put it onto the sea whip. A surge of power surged through my veins, and a mass of sunlight exploded from my body.