{4} Meet Nicholas

Nicholas was fortunate. Fortunate in the fact he wasn't alone. EJ was adopted into the same family as him. So they regarded each other as true brothers. Little did they know... hehe.

Nicholas was closer with his adoptive father. Their adoptive mother forming more of a bond with EJ. Their father walked with him as they ignored the disgusted looks of the other townspeople. "森の中で焚き火をするのですか? ニコラス、あなたの友達が森で会うことを選んだ理由は何ですか?" (So a bonfire in the woods ? Is there any reason why your friends chose to meet up in the woods, Nicholas ?) His father was a bit concerned. He wasn't strict, but his main concern was EJ. His younger son being prone to just following along with what Nicholas wanted simply because he valued being with his brother.

Nicholas awkwardly smiled as he had no real answer to give his father. The woods wasn't his idea, but it wasn't like he had any reason to be afraid to enter the woods. He was part animal after all. The closest thing you could associate his animalistic features to was that of a domesticated dog. Mostly since wolves weren't known to inhabit the area. 

"I have no idea. I just know we all feel comfortable in the woods... No one will judge us there, Dad." His father' look softened as they began nearing their home. "You must promise to take care of EJ, Nicholas. I know you aren't scared, but you never know what lurks within the deep darkness..."

Nicholas simply took his father' warning before EJ ran up to him. It was about time they started making their way to the meeting point in the woods.

No one was prepared for what happened under the sparkling moonlight...