{11} Epilogue

4 Years Later...

The sanctuary has grown immensely. The boys also have moved into the sanctuary. They all felt it was best to be in their true home. No that some of them devalued their human homes in the village. EJ & Fuma were looked to as leaders. So more often than most they'd make decisions with input from the others.

Currently Fuma was in the garden with the others. This leaving Kei to talk with EJ alone. "You seem more on edge than I would've expected." EJ sighed as he knew Kei was only worried he was stressing himself out. A lot has changed in the last few years. 

"私たちの状況で誰が緊張しないでしょうか? あの小さな女の子は誰もいません...···" (Who wouldn't be on edge in our situation ? That little girl has no one...) Who did they speak of ? There was a little girl who came to the sanctuary on her own. Her name was Akira. "She is safe here, EJ. Akira is no longer in danger... She may not be like us, but we've become her family." Her taking on the role of a little sister to the pack of hybrids.

EJ watched as Akira put flowers in Harua' hair. Her little giggles making all around her smile with pride. "I know she is safe, Kei-Kun. I just can't shake the feeling that she isn't entirely human... I just get the feeling that her coming here alone at such a young age was no coincidence."

Kei nodded. They all could tell from scent alone that Akira wasn't entirely human. Yet again, neither were the nine of them. This particular night was different. Very much different from the first night they entered the sanctuary...

"アキラ!アキラ!起きてください!" (Akira ! Akira ! Wake up !), Harua yelled as the once joyful hyper little girl was now suddenly completely limp in the grass around them. EJ & Kei rushed over as the others began howling out of pain. Just what had happened to her ? 

This is when Miwa approached them with Dahyun watched from her tower. Miwa sighed as she looked at Akira. "There is nothing else we can do for her..." Yuma looked to Miwa, "What do you mean ? What has happened to Akira-Chan ?" 

Miwa simply gestured as flowers blossomed around Akira' body. These were no ordinary flowers. They were moon petals. Not a flower you'd usually find in the sanctuary' vibrant garden. "You each need to grab a petal before they wilt..." The boys did as instructed, but were vert much mourning Akira where she practically laid dead.

The moon petals evaporated as the pure lunar energy was absorbed by their bodies. Suddenly what resembled a much younger version of Dahyun was where Akira' body was. She sat up with a smile as she looked around at them. Akira' was looking at them with an expression no one could pinpoint. 

"Akira-Chan ?", EJ asked as she graced them with another smile as she stood up. Akira had the same glow Dahyun had. Had she always been a goddess ? Akira nodded as she left them with a final statement. "私のことは気にしないでください。 これはあなたにとって始まりにすぎません...··· あなた方は月の子です。" (Don't worry about me. This is only the beginning for you... You are the children of the moon.)

This last statement was ominous for sure. Just what exactly did the future hold for the nine sons of the moon goddess ?

The true journey has a begun...

THE END.

終わり。