Prologue: Goodbye New York

??? POV

"Troy! Get up!" a voice called.

I sat up straight and wiped the drool of my chin, rubbing my eyes as I yawned. I looked around in confusion for a moment until I realised where I am.

My new house in Paris. I moved here due to my godmother's transfer to a different hospital. I cracked my neck and got up from my bed. 

For those who don't know, my name is Troy Adam Riley. Former member of the Web Warriors and the vigilante known as Shadow Spider. Son of the late Benjamin Riley, the Scarlet Spider, and Elizabeth Tyne, who both were killed by Chaos Spider, a clone created by my father's and my uncle's blood. My blood.

On my 12th birthday, my powers developed and I gained the same powers that both my father and my uncle have. Unlike them, I have organic spinnerets in my wrists, so I don't need any web shooters.  

After my training, I started fighting crime as Shadow Spider, though I was often called Scarlet Spider 2.0 because of my dad. Sometime later, a clone known as Chaos Spider was causing a rampage. My parents were killed in the process, causing me to go berserk and beat Chaos Spider to death. This caused me to be imprisoned inside S.H.I.E.L.D for some time, due to the public blaming me for Scarlet Spider's death and my identity being known to New York. Thanks to Doctor Strange, my name was cleared, but I was too ashamed to take up the name Shadow Spider. 

And I haven't spoken to Uncle Peter in forever. 

Afterwards, my godmother Wilma Winters, radiographer and friend of my parents, took me under her wing and raised me to honour my parents. I left my old school and transferred to Françoise Dupont High School. 

"You're going to be late! Hurry up!" My godmother called from downstairs. 

"Coming!" I called as I got dressed and was about to leave until I saw a picture of my parents, my uncle and aunt.

With a sigh, I went downstairs and made my way to school via my skateboard, which was a gift from my uncle for my 14th birthday. Suddenly, I bumped into a girl with pigtails wearing dark clothes and a pink school bag.

"Sorry." She said as she slipped past me and left.

"What was that about?" I muttered and looked down at my phone.

"Crap, I'm going to be late!" I shouted as I made my way to school.