Chapter 4: Arachno Runs Into Marinette

Troy POV

After school, I decided to kill some time by doing some homework until it was dark. As Wilma went to bed, I put on my suit and went out to search for Lila's apartment until I saw her with Adrien exiting the cinema.

Geez, Agreste. You have zero shame, do you? I thought as I saw the two enter the limo.

Since she's out, I could go, I heard a cry for help from an alleyway. Part of me want to let the police handle it, but I remembered my father's words.

With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

"The investigation will have to wait." I said to myself and made my way to the alleyway.

There, I saw Marinette surrounded by a group of men, each wanting to touch her. She tried to escape, but she was pinned down by their leader, allowing the rest of the men to advance towards her. I fired my webbing at one of them and pulled him upwards, pinning him to the wall. Afterwards, I hopped down and landed in front of the remaining members.

"You guys should learn to take no for an answer." I said, crossing my arms.

"It's that Arachno guy! Get him!" The leader shouted.

One tried to grab me, but I ducked and struck my palm onto his chin, knocking him to the ground. Another attempted to swing a pipe at me, but I used my webs to blind him. As he tried to recover, I snapped a kick at his chest and knocked him to a wave of bins. The rest tried to pin me down, but thanks to my Spider Senses, I managed to evade them and pinned them to the walls with my webs.

"HEY!" The leader called as he held Marinette by gunpoint.

I turned around and faced the leader, noticing the fear in Marinette's eyes. The leader smirked as he pushed the gun closer to Marinette's cheek. 

"One step closer and she dies." He threatened.

"I don't think so." I replied.

Before he could react, I fired my webs at both the man's head and his gun, disarming him, and punched him in the jaw. He crumpled to the ground, unconscious. After calling the police, I turned around to see Marinette hugging herself in fear.

"Hey, it's OK. You're safe now." I said.

"Y-you're Arachno? The one who stopped Stoneheart?" She asked.

"I merely helped stop Stoneheart. Anyway, why are you outside at this time of day?" I replied.

"I was heading home after visiting one of my friends until these men surrounded me.  I would've died or worse if you hadn't saved me." Marinette replied.

"Well, these men won't bother you anymore." I said, smiling behind my mask.

Suddenly, Marinette hugged me tightly, sobbing in my chest. Slowly, I returned the hug and gently patted her back, comforting her. 

"I'm sorry. It's just that half of my friends betrayed me and I feel like a burden to the ones who haven't betrayed me. Especially Troy Riley. I feel like he may believe those lies and defend Lila." She said.

I wiped away the tears and cupped her cheeks.

"He won't. He's not the type of person to side with bullies. Or with people who believe the lies of a lying snake like Lila Rossi. Speaking of which, you seemed to have a thing for him." I replied.

"I mean he's kind, considerate, mysterious in an attractive way, but there's something about him that draws me towards him." She said, blushing with embarrassment.

Is she falling for me? I mean. we sometimes hang out, but that's just about it. I thought.

"I like your earrings. They're cute." I said, lightly touching her earlobe.

"Thanks. They were a gift." She replied.

As the police arrived to arrest the men, I offered Marinette a ride back to her place via web swinging. As we arrived at her place, I set her down onto the ground and looked around at her room.

 As we arrived at her place, I set her down onto the ground and looked around at her room

"Wow. Your room is very-. Well-." I said.

"Embarrassing?" Marinette asked.

"I was gonna say pink." I replied.

"It's my favourite colour. So, that's why." She said.

I nodded as I took a look around her room. I saw an unfinished design on her desk. A picture of a dress resembling Ladybug.

How does one girl have so much talent? I bet Aunt Mary-Jane would love her. I thought.

My spider senses picked up two people rushing to her room. Before I could leave, they entered. A large french man and a Chinese woman appeared.

"Marinette, there you are! We were worried sick about you!"  The Chinese woman said, hugging her.

"I'm fine, Maman. I was caught up with something until Arachno stepped in and helped me get home." Marinette said as she pointed to me.

"Oh, you must be the one on the news. The one who stopped that bank robbery from last week and helped defeat Stoneheart and Dark Cupid." The large man said, shaking my hand. "Tom Dupain. This is my wife, Sabine Cheng." 

"Nice to meet you. Now, I'd better go. I have somewhere to be." I replied.

"You'll come and visit again? I could make you some macaroons." Sabine said.

"Sure thing." I said.

And with that, I left. As I made my way back to my place, I thought about what Marinette said about me. My cheeks started to burn red with embarrassment. 

Could I be falling for Marinette?