Chapter 1: The Broken Heart and The New Student

Marinette POV

Ever since Lila returned from Italy, she's been spreading a bunch of half truths including the fact that Jagged Stone wrote a song about her after saving his cat, which makes no sense because Jagged Stone has an alligator and is allergic to fur.

And then, she told all of my friends that I bullied her. And from that day on, I've lost almost all of my friends in an instant. To make matters worse, Adrien told me to take the high road despite the fact that he knows that Lila is lying to everyone.

Thankfully, Chloe, Luka, Alya, Kagami, my parents, Master Fu and Juleka believed in me and did their best to defend me from my former friends as best as they could. However, they can only do so much. 

"This is going on for like a week! I say we expose her for her crimes!" Kagami said in anger.

"Yeah, except for one problem. We do that, and Lila could get akumatized. Then, we'll be seen as the villains." Luka replied.

"What does Adrien see in a liar like her?" Kagami sighed to herself.

Kagami was also feeling down after seeing Adrien. A while back, they used to date. When Lila showed up and started spreading false news about me, their relationship was greatly strained because Kagami believed that I'm innocent and Adrien believed Lila. A few days later, she found Lila and Adrien making out in one of the empty classes, much to her shock. Alya also had a heated argument with Nino, who also sided with Lila. Though,something tells me that he was forced to do so.

But, I don't know why.

During homeroom, Ms Bustier announced that we would be getting a new student. A boy with black hair and dark blue eyes entered our class, wearing a dark green jacket, olive t-shirt, black jeans and black and white sneakers. He has a small scar on his left eye.   

"Hello

"Hello. My name is Troy Riley. Pleased to meet you all." He said.

Hey. That's the boy I ran into on the way to school. I thought.

As Msinstructed to take a seat next to Lila, much to our dismay. As Lila introduced herself to him and filled his head with lies, I noticed that he wasn't the least bit interested in what she was saying and turned his attention to me.

"Hey, don't look at her. She's the last person you want to be associated with." Ivan said, scowling at me.

I tutted in irritation and went back to chatting with Chloe.