Chapter 10

I was walking through Vali's castle, listening to the sound of men and women laughing as they feasted. There was blood in their chalices, along with humans offering up their blood standing next to the long table in the center of the room. These men were vampire soldiers, and all of them were celebrating their time they had with each other before the battle. I looked down to see that I was wearing a long red dress as I adjusted the flowers on the wall. I loved the smell of Jasmine, and the sight of them around the castle brought me so much joy.

"Lucy," I heard him say, and my lips were already curved into a smile when I turned around to see my husband standing there. I walked over to Vali and he laid a long, passionate kiss on my lips. When I pulled back he was looking down at me with such love in his eyes. He had on a red blouse to match my dress, along with his red mantle and black pants.

"I had two blood donors sent to your room for your private dinner. I knew you wouldn't want to eat with all of the soldiers," he chuckled softly. "They are more cadaverous than usual tonight, but that's expected before battle."

I smiled up at him. "Yes, I'm sure they will be very rambunctious as the night goes on. I will head up there now to eat. When should I expect my husband tonight?"

"I will feast with the soldiers in celebration of our future victory, and soon after I will be in our bedroom to worship you."

He leaned forward and gave me another long kiss on the lips; my heart was racing at the feel of his tongue teasing mine. He had so much passion that it was like ecstasy when we were together. I gave him a final look that promised an evening filled with sex and love before turning to head to my room.

Vali knew that I didn't like to eat in our bedroom, so he prepared another room down the hall for me to feast in. The room was small, no windows or sky ceiling for the sun to get in. There were candles all around the room, and the only thing in the center was the two men sent for me to feed. They were shirtless and barefoot, wearing nothing but trousers as they waited there on their knees. I closed the door behind me before coming to stand in front of them.

"What are your names?" I asked as they lifted their heads up to look at me. They were both tan skinned, dark hair and brown eyes, as if they came from the same village.

"Mal," the one of the left said, and the other replied, "Keen."

"Are you aware of what you are here for?"

"To let you feed from us."

I smiled. "Good."

Time seemed to fast forward and I was suddenly just an outsider looking in as I saw the two men and Lucia lying dead on the floor. The blood that leaked from her mouth was causing an allergic reaction to her skin; turning her beautiful pale skin to dark green and purple. I watched as Vali came in and froze as if he couldn't believe what he saw. My heart broke as I watched him cry and go into a fit of rage as he processed the loss. But then I heard another voice speaking just a few feet from me. I turned and realized I was standing on a walkway that gave me a perfect view of the room I was watching.

"Oh honey... I wish I would have known." Lucia said as she stood a few feet from me looking down at her husband cry over her dead body. She had on the ivory dress she wore in her tomb and was back to her youthful appearance. I was hesitant on interacting with her because I didn't know if she could see me just yet, and I didn't know if she would be a danger to me. I found my courage and said, "Lucia?"

She turned those blue vampire eyes to me in surprise. "Who are you?"

"My name is Vanessa, your husband sent me here."

She took a step back as if she didn't trust me. "Vali sent you? I'm dead. Look!" She motioned both of her hands toward her body that Vali was holding. I gave a nod. "I know, but he found a way to bring you back."