Chapter 13

It didn't take long for Warden to decide that he wanted to fight the triune. He thought it would be such a big accomplishment considering we were the ones that killed The Council. So I wasn't sure if he was going to use it as payback to the demons that wanted revenge and add them to his army. He had a big ego and wasn't going to take the throne without a challenging fight that would be talked about for centuries to come. I guess this would be the one time I was thankful for someone having a large ego.

"The three of you will be locked up in the cellar until they are healed. I was impatient when you left your men to die, but now that you're back, I want another fight," Warden said as he nodded at his men to start dragging their bodies downstairs.

"This next one will be better prepared and I will be patient." He kneeled down in front of me with his hand out. I didn't want to take his hand, but I didn't want to fight anymore. I just wanted to save Kamar and Damarius. I took his hand and his men led us downstairs into Kamar's cellar. I was surprised by how well they knew the castle, but then again, many demons had come here over the centuries when there were different rulers. I wondered why Kamar didn't just have his own built, even though he made many changes, he still kept the original structure.

Warden's men led us to the same cell, and although that seemed odd at first considering we were stronger together, it was also the quickest way for them to heal.

"Don't get any ideas. You three are only together to speed up the healing process, and then you will be separated when Kamar isn't on the brink of death," Warden said as their bodies were dropped on the stone floor and I stood between them. The cellar door locked and four of his men with ARs(assault rifles) stood there staring at us to make sure we wouldn't break out.

Warden side-leaned against the bars with his arms crossed as he watched me. "Please begin whenever you'd like."

I rushed towards Damarius and wrapped my arms around him. He was no longer in his demon form, his clothes had been torn off and he was completely nude. I could now see the deep slashes across his abdomen but there was so much blood I could barely see his natural skin color.

"I'll be all right," he said softly, but I could hear the pain in his voice. He was hurting, and trying his best to hide it from me.

"Stay close to me," I replied, and moved closer to Kamar since he wasn't moving at all. Damarius scooted closer to us, but not without wincing and bleeding out even more. The cellar floor was already covered in blood, leaving us with one dry corner to sit on, but that didn't matter right now. We all needed to live. Kamar was facedown on the floor with his head turned to the side so he could look at me. His body was nude as well, letting me know he had changed into his demon form and burned off all of his clothes.

"Hey," I said softly. "Let me turn you over so you're more comfortable." But as soon as I slid my hands underneath him to turn him over he said, "Don't." That one word held so much pain in it that I was afraid to go against it. I looked down at his face and I couldn't even see his hazel eyes because the blood had seeped into them. His locks were drenched and I had a hard time finding a spot that was untouched and smooth. Warden really wanted to kill him, and the aggression definitely showed in his wounds.

"Okay," I replied, and gently took Damarius' hand in mine as I placed my other on Kamar's back. The power surge wasn't as strong as it usually was, but I did feel it flowing through us. It felt like the power was more focused on healing Kamar and Damarius than revving me up for battle. I was thankful for that, considering I didn't know this could even happen. I stayed touching them as I laid down on my back and let the blood cover our bodies as they healed.

**** We laid on that floor for hours and it was the first time I actually saw Kamar sleep. I guess even demon's need some shut eye if their body is trying to save itself from dying. Damarius didn't sleep any, but I could tell he needed the rest as he laid beside me with his eyes closed. His wounds had stopped bleeding and were almost closed, Kamar on the other hand, his wounds were still open, but they weren't as deep as they were. I worried if I had made it in time.

"Luckily for demons, we can lose almost all of our blood and still survive," Warden said as he stood there watching us. He had been there the whole time. "But that should have killed him. I'm a little disappointed there wasn't more to it. A simple touch? What would happen if you touched me?"

"Nothing, as you already saw," I replied.

"But you weren't touching one of them when I touched you. Maybe-"

"No. You aren't apart of this. I guess your ego will have to sit this one out." I said, but didn't let it take my attention away from healing them. I rubbed my thumb in small circles on Kamar's back, hoping to soothe him as he slept. I wondered if he was dreaming.

"Why would you want more power anyways? Aren't you the strongest of them all?" I taunted Warden.

"I am. But this triune is new to me. I am uncertain of the power you possess and how a human can harness it. Well, I guess you can't really harness it can you? My mother saw your memories. Your body isn't strong enough for this power and it will eventually kill you if you don't release it onto these demons. But is it just these demons you can release on?"

I didn't like where this was going. The thoughts of Shard rushed into my head and my cheeks flushed red. Startled by my own thoughts, I forced them back down and focused on keeping my hands on my men.

"Oh, do tell us your little secret," Warden clasped his hands together as if waiting for me to speak. I didn't.

"I can always come in and make you speak," he threatened.

"The power only surges when the three of us touch, and then they help me through it."

"Meaning you fuck them."

His words were too raw for my liking but I didn't argue. "Yes. So asking if I've released with someone else wouldn't make sense because the power only intensifies when the three of us touch."

"Then why is your heart beating so fast? And not to mention you haven't even looked at me."

I stayed focused on the ceiling while I responded. "The power surge can speed up my heartrate, and I'm worried Kamar will die. As far as not looking at you, I'm pretty sure I remember the way you look since you're the mother fucker that put us in here."

"You don't find me as handsome as your men? I was hoping you would willingly be my mate after I took the throne."

That made me sit up. "Why the fuck would you want me?"

He smiled. "Oh, come on. You're not that bad. I mean, I do prefer blondes but your body is curvy the way I like."

I spit at him, but before it left my mouth he was inside the cell with us with his hand over my mouth. Damarius sat up beside me with his hand still in mine as he glared at Warden.

"I wouldn't make a move until your King has healed. You remember what happened last time," Warden threatened Damarius. I didn't like the hold he had over him, but he was right. I didn't see the fight but I saw the aftermath, and Warden could easily kill Damarius or Kamar. He removed his hand from my mouth and I just sat there staring into his red demon eyes.

"I wouldn't be making plans to have me as your mate."

"And why is that?" He smiled at me.

"You won't win this."

"Have I just awakened your ego? I don't think you realize who is prisoner here."

"A prisoner in my own house? You think we haven't fucked in here already? This cell just brings back all the good memories." I was bluffing, but the confidence that I got from my anger made it impossible for him to tell. He licked his lips and leaned forward. "Then show me some of those good memories." His lips hovered over mine and Kamar's arm swung out to block Warden from going further. We both turned to look at him, but it was Warden that spoke.

"Round two Demon King?"