Chapter 3: Visiting Sister

" Right, right. Very good." He said.

Copia placed the flowers and chocolate bar on the cabinet, he then sat down on a chair near the bed. But he soon jumped up from the seat when he heard a buzzing sound, looking at the chair the nurse button was on it. He awkwardly laughed and looked at Sister, she found the little situation funny. But Papa Nihil didn't look too amused, he was disapproving of the Cardinal's behaviour yet again. Moving the nurse button Copia sat back down and cupped his hands on his lap, he then took a look around the room. It was very bright and clean, just the colour white on the walls. There was a small television set on the other side of the room, the window blinds were partly drawn. Hospital machines and medical equipment were near the bedside, there was even a private bathroom. Copia turned his attention towards Sister, he learned forward and spoke with her.

" So Sister, how are you doing?" He asked.

" I'm a little wrapped up right now, but I'm feeling better." She replied.

" Oh, I see what you did there!" He said with laugh. " Very good joke, well done Sister."

Copia and Sister laughed together about their little joke, but Papa Nihil didn't find it amusing. He never laughed about anything these days, he was a grumpy old man. But his health was getting worse, he hadn't been well for the last couple of weeks. Bringing his oxygen mask to his mouth he took a deep breath before he exhaled, he then spoke with Sister.

" Did they say how long you would be in hospital?" Papa asked.

" A few more months the yet, Papa." Sister replied. " I'm still healing, but I've decided I would like to re-enter the Ministry when I'm fully recovered."

" Oh Sister, what a great idea!" Papa smiled.

" Yes, a very good idea." Copia said.

" I'm glad you both think that." Sister said. " It's time we got down to business, we have a lot of work to do. There will be an introduction tour, we have to ease the Cardinal into the spotlight. After Papa Emeritus III got dragged off the stage we need to tread carefully, the world has to be ready for a new Papa Emeritus."

" Of course, I agree with you." Copia said.

" Sister, may I have a word?" Papa asked, he leaned towards her. " Cardinal only just got anointed, he's not ready yet! You haven't had to live with him, he's a menace. He's got a long way to go yet until he becomes the new Papa, I have concerns..."

" I know, Papa." Sister replied. " That is why we have to have a plan first, but something big is coming, I received some very exciting news before my accident. We have two Word Tours planned, I can't tell you their names yet. The Clergy are fully backing these tours. Even the Old One has gotten involved."

" It sounds intriguing." Papa said.

" And you Papa will have your second chance at some point." Sister said.

" Holy mackerel!" Papa smiled.

" I will have to tour with Papa?" Copia asked.

" Not exactly, it will just be one concert in the future." Sister replied. " A one off special, the last date of the second tour. The final curtain. The Clergy thought we could end the second tour with a big bang. And what better way to do that with a saxophone solo from Papa Nihil."

" Wow!" Papa smiled.

" Yes, wow indeed..." Copia said.

" But tour preparations are on hold for now until I'm fully recovered." Sister said, she cough slightly. " I cannot work from my hospital bed, but the future of the Clergy will be great."

" We will discuss it when you are feeling better." Papa said.

" Thank you, Papa." Sister said.

" Of course, Sister." Papa said before he got his feet. " We will let you get some rest, I will visit you next week. Come on, Cardinal. It's time to go now."

" Okay, okay." Copia said, he got to his feet and bowed his head at Sister. " Hopefully I will visit you again very soon, it's been nice seeing you. Get some rest, get some sleep. Bye bye, Sister."

" Goodbye, Cardinal." Sister smiled.

" Take care, Sister." Copia said.

" Goodbye, Papa." Sister said.

" Sister." Papa said.

Papa Nihil winked at Sister before he began walking towards the door, he wheeled his oxygen canister behind him. Copia lingered at the bedside for awhile longer, he lovely touched Sister's hand. She squeezed his hand and smiled at him, she told him she would see him again very soon. But she also mentioned that his time will come, she had plans for his future. Cupping her hand Copia bowed his head at her before he followed after the elderly Papa, he then opened the door for him.

" After you, Papa." Copia said.

" Thank you." Papa said.

Copia looked back at Sister and waved to her, he then closed the door behind him. Papa was already halfway down the corridor, he was fast sometimes even if his health wasn't great right now. Copia hurried after him, his hand slipping into his cassock pocket he searched for the car keys. But he soon stopped dead when he couldn't find the keys, they weren't in his pocket. He looked back along the corridor, he began to panic. Papa wouldn't be pleased with him if he knew he had lost the car keys, he soon jumped when he heard Papa's voice calling to him from along the corridor.

" What are you doing?!" Papa asked.

" Papa, I don't have the car keys..." Copia replied.

" Do not worry, the children have them." Papa said.

" They do?" Copia asked.

" Yes, they took them from your pocket." Papa replied.

" They did?" Copia asked.

" Yes!" Papa replied.

Copia paused and thought for a moment, they had picked his pocket. That would explain the pinch he had felt in the reception area, he had no idea they were capable of pickpocketing. But he wasn't surprised, their mischievous ways were endless. Sighing to himself he wandered down the corridor, he was dreading the drive back home.