Chapter 11: The Beach Life With Cardi

The Beach House

Yawning loudly Copia stood in the open doorway of the beach house, his torso moving side to side he cracked his back. He was still sore from his training with Mr Saltarian, his old friend had made him run the length of the beach yesterday. He had no idea why he was being pushed this hard, he was unsure of what the future tours would have in store for him. Taking a sip of his coffee he approached the rail of the balcony, he had been spending a family weekend at Mr Saltarian's beach house. It had been a last minute decision, but Mr Saltarian had promised Papa Nihil and Sister Imperator a weekend away before the end of the year.

Admiring the view from beyond the beach house Copia inhaled the sea air, he was at ease. It was another beautiful day in Malibu. The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly, the scent of the ocean drifted on the warm breeze. He was enjoying the peace before Papa Nihil and Sister joined him for breakfast, he wanted a moment to himself. He was having a break from his Papa duties at the Ministry, he needed a rest from his consent year of touring. Taking another sip of his coffee he rested his cup against the railing of the balcony, but a plopping sound soon caught his attention. His mismatched eyes focusing on his cup he deeply sighed to himself, it had happened again. Floating in his coffee cup was a swirling white turd sent from above, the seagulls had been mocking him since he had arrived at the beach house.

" Ah shit..." He said.

" What's wrong, Cardi?"

The familiar voice soon caught his attention, it was Mr Saltarian. He was standing in the doorway, his hands were tucked in his pockets. He looked mysterious and relaxed, his dark eyes were focused on the present Papa. Copia had been training with his old friend since yesterday, he was trying his best to impress him with his new karate moves he had learnt from the Netflix series Cobra Kai. But he hadn't fooled his wise friend, he had also been watching the popular Netflix series too.

" A seagull took another shit in my coffee." He replied.

" They are mocking you, assert your dominance." Saltarian said.

" How am I meant to do that?" He asked, he gestured towards the sky. " They are up there and I'm down here, I do not have wings. Should I get a sniper?"

" Okay, listen up wise guy." Saltarian said before he approached him. " Go and take a walk, try to be one with nature. You clearly don't understand anything yet."

" What am I meant to understand, uh?" He asked. " I don't understand what you are saying half the time, I think you should come with subtitles."

" Cardi, go for a walk." Saltarian replied.

" Right, right. I can do that..." Copia said.

" When you get back I'll teach you something new." Saltarian said.

" Okay, cool." He said.

Copia took another look into his coffee cup before he placed it down on a side table near a lounger, he then waved to Mr Saltarian while he walked towards some steps that led down to the beach. He stopped when he reached the last step, his gaze lingering on his shoes he decided to remove them. He didn't want to ruin his best shoes, they were part of his onstage attire when he was on tour. He removed his shoes and socks before he stepped onto the sand, he wiggled his toes before he ventured forward. The sand was soft and warm, it had been decades since he had been to the beach. Sister had taken him to the beach once when he was a child, they built sandcastles and ate ice cream underneath a large sun umbrella. They paddled in the ocean and searched for crabs in a rock pools, he even remembered collecting seashells to stick on a jewellery box. It was a good memory he treasured from his childhood, he didn't have many good memories since he grew up surrounded by strangers most of the time.