Chapter 16: The Spire: Part Two

The Spire - Part Two

An hour had passed since Albany had left Copia in the tower's stairway, she had returned to her room just like she had planned. Papa Nihil had complained about Copia and his audition tape all the way to her room, he told her that he couldn't act to save his life. He never had anything nice to say about him, she had no idea why they disliked each other. That's why they hid their relationship from Nihil, if he knew about them being together he would make it difficult for them. It had been three years since they had met again by chance, they had rekindled their romance after twenty-four years of being apart. The way they had been separated decades ago had never been discussed between them, she didn't want him to know why she had leave Los Angeles without an explanation. It had been awkward at first, but the more time they spent together at the Ministry the closer they became. A stolen kiss in the chapel soon sealed their fade, they had spend most of their nights in each others company since that day.

Albany had changed into red strappy cotton nightgown, the lace trim always aroused Copia. it was nothing seductive, but it always did the trick on his nightly visits. Unclipping her hairclip she allowed her dark hair to fall around her shoulders, a spray of jasmine and quick tidy up of her room she was ready for company. A gentle knocking at the door caught her attention, she hurried over to it and opened it halfway. Peering into the hallway a smile crept across her features when she saw Copia standing in the hallway. He was dressed in his black shirt and pants, his face paint was smudged around his lips. He had his lava lamp tucked beneath his arm and a plastic bag in his hand, raising the bag his voice boomed along the hallway.

" Ta-da!" He said.

A laugh escaped her lips before she opened the door wide, grabbing at his arm she pulled him into her room before anyone heard him. Checking the hallway both ways she closed the door behind them and locked it, they shouldn't be disturbed as long as they kept quiet. Turning around she leaned back against the door, she watched Copia placing his lava lamp on the cabinet. His fingers clumsy unwinding the wire to his lava lamp he finally found the plug, he stared at for a moment before he plugged it into the wall. The cabinet wobbled and a bottle of perfume rolled from it, she shook her head at him while she approached him. She soon caught his attention when she picked the bottle from the floor, their gaze meeting he clicked his fingers at her. He showed her the plastic bag he had brought with him, she had no idea what was inside the bag. He had brought her many random things over the years, she had many peculiar items stored underneath her bed from him.

" I have a surprise for you." He said.

" What kind of surprise?" She asked before she placed the bottle on the cabinet. " Hopefully nothing weird, I'm still trying to get over that peculiar..."

" No, no!" He interrupted. " It's good this time, very fun!"

" Fun sounds good I guess, show me then." She said.

" Okay, but close your eyes first." He said, his speaking to tone was full of amusement. " No peeking, you will like this!"

" Okay." She said.

Albany covered up her eyes with her hands, she heard could hear the bag rustling and the odd curse word coming from Copia when he dropped something on the floor. The rustling soon ceased, the room fell silent. His voice broke the silence of the room, he told her to uncover her eyes. Doing has he asked she looked at him directly, she was surprised to see him holding a board game box in his hands.

" I brought Monopoly!" He said.

" Oh, I wasn't expecting that..." She said.

" Do you not like it?" He asked.

" Of course I do, it's great." She replied.

" I will let you visit Kings Cross Station, it will be fun yes?" He asked while he drummed his finger tips against the box. " You can have ago on my choo choo train."