Chapter 7: What Happens On Tour, Stays On Tour

What Happens On Tour, Stays On Tour.

Budapest - 18th of May

Dawn's first light crept through a gap in the curtains, the darkest of the room had now been disturbed. The soft sounds of snoring could be heard, the bed sheets were crumpled and pillows lay scattered around the room. The tour bus had been silent, but someone was stirring from their slumber. Copia rubbed at his eyes and stretched his legs out in the bed while he yawned loudly, his toes wiggling he let out a couple of toot toots. He was beginning to wake up, but the jerking of the bed startled him. Someone roughly scrambled over him, he heard hurried footsteps before the door was kicked open. He soon heard Papa Nihil yelling from the other room, he didn't sound too pleased.

" Watch where you're going, little ghoul! How dare you, don't you do that finger gesture at me again!"

A soft chuckled escaped his lips while he sat up straight in his bed, he looked around the room. His mismatched eyes getting use to the dimly lit bedroom he noticed three of his unmasked ghouls piled up next to him. Rain, Swiss and Mountain. They were still deep in slumber, he had no idea why his ghouls liked sleeping in the same bed has him. He enjoyed their company on cold nights, but they got fidgety and sometimes sweaty when it got too hot on the tour bus. Swishing tails and rogue elbows, he himself had received an elbow to the face in his sleep.

" You ghouls need to find your own bedroom..." He sighed.

Copia watched his ghouls sleeping, their tails twitching and teeth grinding together they looked peaceful. They sometimes reminded him of his rats, they had the same sleeping habits has the ghouls. His thought were interrupted by the clanking of saucepans, the scent of porridge and toast wafted into the room. His stomach grumbled, it seemed like breakfast was being prepared in the tour buses kitchen. He planned not to wake his sleeping ghouls just yet, if they knew breakfast was on it's way there would be a stampede to the kitchen. He stayed in his bed for a couple of minutes before he decided to move, he was beginning to feel hungry.

" Okay, let's roll now." He said.

Throwing back his blankets back he swung his legs over the edge of his bed, yawning once again he allowed himself to wake up fully before he got to his feet. His arms stretching above his head Copia's back cracked while he walked towards the open doorway, he planned to take it easy today since it was his last day off before the European tour ended. Standing in the doorway he noticed Sodo opening a window in the kitchen, he soon got shooed away by Cumulus and Cirrus. They tried to hit him with spoons and a pair of oven gloves, but he soon escaped their wrath.

" Good morning, how are you all doing?" Copia asked.

Sodo glared at Copia while he walked passed him, the little ghoul wasn't too amused with the rude awaking he had received this morning. Aether was sitting with Papa Nihil at the tour buses table, they were playing Uno together. The ghoulettes were busy preparing breakfasts in the kitchen, he was surprised to see them on their tour bus since they travelled separately from the male ghouls. It seemed like today was going to be a family day.

" Good morning, my ladies." Copia said.

Copia approached the ghoulettes and greeted them with a friendly hand gesture, but he himself got shooed away by Cirrus with a slice of toasted bread. Holding his hands up in surrender he ducked beneath her arm and back away from the ghoulette, but he soon noticed Sunshine clicking her fingers at him. She was holding a cup in her hand, she pointed at it more than once. She was offering him a cup of coffee in her own way, the ghouls and ghoulettes never used words. They mostly signed at Copia, but he understood them most of the time.

" I would love a coffee, thank you." Copia said.

Sunshine giggled happily before she skipped over to the coffeemaker, she enjoyed making coffee for others. It brought her happiness. Copia left the kitchen and made his way over to the leather couch, he found himself a comfortable place to sit while he waited for his coffee. His attention was soon caught by Papa Nihil laughing, he had beaten Aether at Uno once again. The big ghoul crossed his arms while he sulked, he was soon joined by Sodo. He gave the banana loving ghoul a slap on his arm before he shuffled the Uno cards, he then shared them out between the three of them. The elderly Papa's voice broken the silence on the tour bus, he wanted to ask Copia a question.