Overwhelmed

Gwen had spent the last few days in the sanctuary, in a foul mood. Iszara was rough around the edges but still accepted. Her feelings towards the redguard have not changed. She was green with envious of how easy things seemed for her. Astrid said the test she was never given was passed with flying colors, she killed all of them instead of just one. The twinge in her heart lead her not to talk much to the woman and the others seemed to follow her suit, being a little cold to her. Whether that was subconscious of them to pick up on her feelings was anyone's guess.

They were her family and they tried to pick her up. All that being said, part of her knew that this woman was going g to be a member of the family as well. Iszara just needed time to grow on her. It was good for the brotherhood, after all. She walked into the room to Festus at the enchantment table and Nazir sitting at the table. Festus looked behind him then the old coot smiled and left quickly. Gweneith raised a brow, then looked to Nazir. "What's up with the old man?"

"I asked him to leave if you came in." Nazir smiled softly. "We need to talk." He motioned to the seat across from him. She took a deep breath and sat down. "Gweneith. Relax for us, please. All of us see the tension in your shoulders around her. You have nothing to worry over. We love you."
Her eyes widened at the words. "Seriously. We all love you. And I know why you feel this way."

"No you don't..." She shook her head.

"Yes, I do. You're jealous of her a little. Because you think she is the complete opposite of you." Nazir closed his eyes for a moment. "She is capable and strong, just like you, Gweneith. You are so strong and you don't even know it. Strong enough... To..." He sighed. "Take my advice."

She raised a brow, glancing to the bracelet on her wrist. "That I'm strong because I couldn't do it?"

He chuckled. "No. That sometimes you have to have a little casual fun. You've been cooped up in here since we found her."

"But if I leave!" She hit the table with a fist. Her shoulders slumped down, the woman starting to sob. "It's bad enough... I can't kill without a good reason. She kills mercilessly. I... Don't have a place here... Do I?"

He exhaled slowly. Nazir looked at her, reached out and placed his overworked hand on her shoulder. "Gwen. You have a place with us. Always. We are you family. You do have it in you. You will always have it in you. You are a member of this family. You are important to us. We would never toss you out. She is not here to replace you, silly girl. But you're pent up and tight."

He took a drink of his mug. "It is admirable that you can pinpoint your weaknesses. It is okay. You don't need to kill on cold blood. Astrid agrees with me."

"What?" She looked to him, slightly amused. "I am to follow her orders no matter what. That's our job. She points, I kill. I've accepted that."

"Yes. We know. We all know." Nazir sat forward. "And we all know what you want to do and you will do it. But we know that it will be easier if you physically can. She's wisely decided to give you contracts that house extraordinarily bad people." She leaned back in her chair, looking at him. "People you can kill without qualms. In the absence of such cases, you are full time with me, kid. Intel to make it easier for the others."

She perked up a little, actually giving him a smile. Nazir nodded seeing her elation he smiled and relaxed a little as well. This is what he wanted to see. "Now... This means you take orders from me until she hands you a case. You get that, right?" She nodded swiftly, eyes bright and he chuckled. "Good. I've got no work now that isn't for Iszara." He watches her brows gently furrow. "Whoa there. Astrid wants her to have them specifically to fully pull her into the family. Doesn't trust her yet. This isn't about her ability, it is about her loyalty. You more than proved your own."