Heavy Shit

Gwen walked into the Flagon, she took in a deep breath and fell with her arms out onto a table. The woman tried to bend her knee but hissed, forcing Delvin to walk over. "Hey, are you good? Did you get caught?"

"I did not. This was a bear." She smirked to Delvin who seemed a bit alarmed. "He swiped my knee is all. I can hide from men all day. Most of the time animals as well. But I suppose I smell extra tasty today." She chuckled nervously. "But I got it done, in Markarth."

"I thought your home was in Falkreath?" Her eyes widened for a moment then she carefully sat down. He was onto her. She hesitated but nodded slowly. "Ya wanna tell me why you felt the need to walk all the way here instead of recouping at home?"

"Well..." She looked up to him, gritting her teeth in the pain. "I could have done that. I probably should have done that but the job was for you guys. I also got attacked outside of the pass, so it was trouble either way." She didn't tell him she was swiped at west of the pass, closer to the sanctuary. Delvin seemed to accept it, sitting down. "How're things here?" She was too exhausted to even look around herself.

"We got another merchant that moved in. Being in that hold is a blessing." She leaned back in the chair. Her head turned and her eyes squinted trying hard to look at the alcoves. "More people pass through, we get more contracts and you have yourself a fence close to home now."

"Yes I do." She smiled a little. "Which is good. But I had one here, too." She chuckled. "Ya know? I feel really blessed here with you all. A year ago I lost my home and security but I gained two different ones. Yeah, this is just a job but it is a second home. And Brynjolf doesn't feel that way about it. He feels close to you like I feel close to my family. He trusts all of you and that makes me trust you a little because I trust him."

"Yeah? And I bet that trust don't get bought easily." He nodded. "I'm going to go get Vekle. He has some alcohol and bandages." Delvin stood up and his butt was replaced by her leg. She pulled her pants down, wiggling out of them down to her shins. She looked at the gashes on her knee, tilted over and her butt hanging off the wood.

There was a whistle, and she looked up to see Brynjolf approaching. She raised a brow. "If you're trying to attract me, lass it is too late. I'm already there." As he got closer and her eyes fell back on her own leg he found out why she was half naked. The man rushed quickly to her side, on bent knee. "Gwen... This looks bad."

"I will be fine." She whispered, looking down at him. This was a strange sight, but his eyes looked into hers and she relaxed, easing into the seat almost so much that she tipped over. His hand shot up, supporting her butt and yes, grabbing a feel. His dexterous hand remained on her. "Oh... T... Thank you." The man worked to pull her pants off the rest of the way, a long with her boots. Gwen just blushed deeply, looking into his eyes when he locked gazes.

"Anytime. I can hold this ass all day. In fact-" He scooped her up off the chair, carefully lifting her up. She grabbed her pants and boots. "We should get you into bed with this elevated after we clean it." He walked her to the bar, Delvin holding a bottle and bandages. "Good." Brynjolf looked to him. "She's going into my bed, I'll dress it there."

Delvin simply nodded then walked off with the supplies. Brynjolf looked down to her, his comfortable smile sank in and she found herself leaning in. He was walking slow, being careful of her as she huddles in close. "You don't have to take care of me, you know."

"Yes. But I want to. If you're okay with my hands on you."

"I..." She took a breath. "Would have said no a little while ago. Brynjolf...?"

"Yes, lass?" He stopped just before the door to the Cistern.

"I always want to be honest with you. Without all the bullshit and fear." She cleared her throat as he nodded a few times. "I came here instead of going home for you. I wanted to see you again. I should have gone home." He brightened up a little bit.