Chapter 2

The Sun was shining

The air was heavy

Her lips were dry as she was smiling

She looked behind

She was following her

Nothing could make this day any better

People around us started bowing and I tried doing the same but the Crown Princess's hand around my waist suddenly prevented me from doing so. I tried pushing her away again but stopped moving when the King looked at me. There was nothing mean in his eyes, he just looked very curious. However curiosity wasn't necessarily better. Moreover, being stared at, I still felt uncomfortable.

"And who do we have here?"

I had no idea if I should answer or not. Despite looking at me, it felt like I wasn't the one he was talking to but his daughter. The latter looked very different from her father. Her hair was darker, her eyes were shinier. All and all she just looked mightier. I knew that I should have been more scared of her and should have asked the king for help but despite that I still felt more comfortable around that crazy princess than her dad.

The princess had no right to introduce me, especially when she was calling me by the wrong name. However, being killed because of disrespect against the Crown was convincing enough to silence me. Therefore I shyly looked up to the Crown Princess to see what she would say. The latter was staring coldly at her father. All the emotions that I had seen on her face disappeared and she went back to her normal self. I froze. How did I know what was normal about her? It must have been because of all the rumors. After all, it was my first time seeing her.

"Enjoy the rest of the ball, father."

Having said what she wanted, the Crown Princess dragged me out of the ballroom. She was way too strong for me to squeeze out of her hands and I had to follow her. No one dared stop us and everyone stared at us as we walked through the huge ballroom. I felt really embarrassed with all those eyes on me and looked at my feet, focusing on my steps not to fall.

The Crown Princess didn't stop walking even once out of the ballroom and I had no idea where she was taking me. I had endured it enough. Now that it was only the two of us, I was determined in getting rid of her:

"Let me go!"

I tried pushing her away but her body was so strong that I pushed myself backwards instead and almost fell. The Crown Princess immediately strengthened her hold around my body and caught me with worried eyes.

"Watch out."

Worried? Why did she look worried? I was no one to her! She was mistaking me for someone else and it was driving me crazy. And she was the reason I almost fell! I wasn't patient enough for this. But before I could say anything, Rorhena straightened up and continued dragging me towards where she wanted to go.

"You are mistaking me for someone! Let me go already! This is a kidnapping! Are you listening to me? Let me go! I've said it a hundred times already! Let me go! Let me go!"

Being overpowered like this was really frustrating and I wanted to scream my lungs out. What was wrong with the Crown Princess? Was she drunk? That was the only explanation I could come up with. According to the rumors she was supposed to be a cold hearted, calculating fox. This wasn't like her at all clinging to me. She had no friends, no one. She didn't even seem to particularly like or respect her father judging by the way she talked to him. I heard that once Queen she planned on ruling alone forever, without husband or harem. While being dragged away I realized that I knew quite a lot about her despite never meeting her before. It must have been because of Lenora talking about the royal family all the time.